January 19, 1969 |
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
|Spouse(s)||David Birsner (1991-1996)
Frank Grillo (2000-present)
Wendy Moniz Grillo (born January 19, 1969) is an American television actress, best known for her roles as Dinah Adele Chamberlain Marler in the CBS soap opera Guiding Light, as Rachel McCabe in Nash Bridges, and as Louisa Archer in The Guardian. Fom 2013 to 2014, Moniz starred as Elaine McAllister in ABC drama series Betrayal.
In early career, Moniz has appeared in more than 50 commercials. Moniz made her television debut in CBS daytime soap opera Guiding Light, as Dinah Marler. She starred as series regular from 1995 to 1999, and was nominated for two Soap Opera Digest Awards. She later made her return for soap as guest star in 2000 and 2002. In April 2004 it was announced that Moniz would return to soap. However, she taped for only one day before leaving for undisclosed personal reasons and Gina Tognoni was cast as Dinah.
In 1999, Moniz left from daytime for role in primetime CBS drama pilot Partners. In same year, she starred as female lead in critically acclaimed television film adaptation of the Mitch Albom's book Tuesdays with Morrie. She later was series regular in short-loved NBC comedy series Battery Park opposite Elizabeth Perkins. In fall 2000, Moniz was cast as series regular role of Rachel McCabe in sixth and final season of CBS series Nash Bridges. She later starred as Louisa "Lulu" Archer on CBS series The Guardian opposite Simon Baker. The series aired from 2001 to 2004. Moniz guest starred in episode of NBC legal drama Law & Order in 2005, and had a recurring role as Stacey Walker in ABC short-lived comedy-drama Big Shots in 2007. She lated appeared as Jill Burnham on FX series Damages from 2009 to 2010. In 2010 she was cast as Tom Selleck's love interest in the CBS police drama Blue Bloods, but role was recast with Andrea Roth. She later appeared in recurring role of Llanview Mayor Finn - who succeeds the exiting Mayor Dorian Lord on the ABC daytime soap opera One Life to Live in 2011. She also appeared in ABC series 666 Park Avenue in 2012.
In March 2013, Moniz was cast opposite Stuart Townsend, James Cromwell and Hannah Ware of ABC drama series Betrayal directed by Patty Jenkins and based on the Dutch drama series Overspel. In 2014, Moniz was cast as lead in the independent drama film The Grief of Others directed by Patrick Wang.
Moniz of Portuguese and Irish descent was born in Kansas City, Missouri. She attended Siena College in Loudonville, New York in 1991. She married David Birsner in 1991, but the couple divorced without issue in 1996. Since October 28, 2000, she has been married to her former Guiding Light co-star, Frank Grillo (ex-Hart Jessup), of Italian descent. The couple have two boys, Liam (born August 2004) and Rio Joseph Grillo (born January 25, 2008).
|1995-1999, 2000, 2002||Guiding Light||Dinah Adele Chamberlain Marler
Nominated - Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Female Newcomer (1996)
Nominated - Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Younger Lead Actress (1997)
|1999||Partners||Maggie Spivak||TV Pilot|
|1999||Tuesdays with Morrie||Janine||Television movie|
|2000||Battery Park||Maria DiCenzo||Series regular, 7 episodes|
|2000||The Others||Eva||Episode: "Life Is for the Living"|
|2000-2001||Nash Bridges||Insp. Rachel McCabe||Series regular, 22 episodes|
|2001-2004||The Guardian||Louisa "Lulu" Archer||Series regular, 58 episodes|
|2005||Law & Order||Arlene Tarrington||Episode: "House of Cards"|
|2007||Big Shots||Stacey Walker||Recurring role, 4 episodes|
|2009-2010||Damages||Jill Burnham||Recurring role, 7 episodes|
|2011||One Life to Live||Mayor Kathleen Finn||Recurring role|
|2012||666 Park Avenue||Ingrid Weismann||Episode: "Hero Complex"|
|2013-2014||Betrayal||Elaine McAllister||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2014||The Grief of Others|
- "Wendy Moniz Biography". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- "OLTL vet to take on GL's Dinah Marler | Guiding Light @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- Jenny Hontz (1999-03-14). "Col, CBS book their ‘Partners’". Variety. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Ray Richmond (1999-12-02). "Oprah Winfrey Presents: Tuesdays With Morrie". Variety. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Phil Gallo (2000-03-21). "Battery Park". Variety. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Wendy Moniz Biography". Buddytv.com. 1969-01-19. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Li, Shirley (2010-07-22). "CBS recast shocker: 'Damages' star out, 'Rescue Me' actress in as Tom Selleck's GF | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- "Roth replaces Moniz on 'Blue Bloods' - US TV News". Digital Spy. 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- "Wendy Moniz Joins One Life To Live. (Updated.) - One Life To Live News - Soaps.com". Soaps.sheknows.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Exclusive: Enrique Murciano, Wendy Moniz Move Into ABC's 666 Park Avenue - Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. 2012-08-14. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Matthew Lillard To Co-Star In NBC Pilot 'I Am Victor', Trio Added To ABC's 'Betrayal'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Rachel Dratch, Wendy Moniz, Trevor St. John in ‘Grief of Others’". Variety. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Biography". Frank-Grillo.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2011. Retrieved 7 October 2013.