From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wenlock may refer to:
- Little Wenlock, a village in Shropshire
- Much Wenlock, a town in Shropshire
- Wenlock Edge, limestone escarpment near Much Wenlock
- The Wenlock Arms, public house in London
- Wenlock, Essex County, Vermont, USA
- Wenlock Basin, canal basin, part of the Regent's Canal in the London Borough of Hackney
- Wenlock River, Queensland, Australia
- Baron Wenlock, title created three times in the Peerage of England and of the United Kingdom
- Milburga of Wenlock (died 715), Benedictine abbess of Wenlock Abbey
- The Wenlock is the second series of the Silurian.
- The Wenlock Group or Wenlockian is the middle series of strata in the Silurian (Upper Silurian) of Great Britain. This group in the typical area in the Welsh border counties contains the following formations: Much Wenlock Limestone Formation,90 to 300 ft (27.43 to 91.44 m).; Wenlock shale, up to 1,900 ft (579.12 m).; Woolhope or Barr limestone and shale,150 ft (45.72 m).
- Wenlock Series lagerstätte, preserved in the limestone Wenlock Series of Herefordshire, England, offers paleontologists a rare snapshot of a moment in time, about 420 Mya.
- The Wenlock Shale is a stratigraphic unit in the United Kingdom
- The Wenlock Limestone is a stratigraphic unit in the United Kingdom
- Wenlock, Craven Arms and Lightmoor Extension railway, was a railway in Shropshire, England
- Much Wenlock and Severn Junction railway, another railway in Shropshire, England
- Wenlock Olympian Society Annual Games, dating from 1850, are a forerunner of the modern Olympic Games. They are held each year in Much Wenlock in Shropshire, England.
- Wenlock and Mandeville, are the official mascots for the 2012 Summer Olympics and Paralympics being held in London, United Kingdom.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.