Wenonah's boundaries (top) and location within Minneapolis (bottom)
|• Total||1.226 sq mi (3.18 km2)|
|• Density||3,700/sq mi (1,400/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Wenonah is a neighborhood on the southeast side of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Its boundaries are 54th Street to the north, 34th Avenue to the east, the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport to the south, and Cedar Avenue to the west. The neighborhood contains a portion of Lake Nokomis. It shares a neighborhood organization with the Keewaydin, Minnehaha, and Morris Park neighborhoods, which are collectively referred to as Nokomis East and are served by the Nokomis East Neighborhood Association (NENA). Coordinates: 
Wenonah is located in the southeast portion of Minneapolis, as part of a greater community of 11 neighborhoods called Nokomis. The neighborhood is about twice as long laterally as it is longitudinally, or about 6,500 by 3,000 feet (1,980 m × 910 m). Its boundaries are defined by 54th Street East to the north, 34th Avenue South to the east, the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport to the south, and Cedar Avenue to the west. For the most part, the neighborhood lies to the north of Minnesota State Highway 62 with the exception of a vestigial 33-property area surrounded on three sides by the Airport and only connected to the greater neighborhood by 28th Avenue South, which runs below Highway 62. The neighborhood also encompasses a portion of Lake Nokomis to the northwest.
Wenonah borders three other neighborhoods directly, including Diamond Lake to the west, Keewaydin to the north, and Morris Park to the east, and touches corners with Minnehaha to the northeast. Keewaydin, Morris Park, Minnehaha, and Wenonah together comprise the community of Nokomis East.
The neighborhood is generally very flat, with elevations between 814 and 821 feet (248 and 250 m) above sea level recorded by the United States Geological Survey in the neighborhood boundaries. Lake Nokomis dips to 30 feet (9.1 m) below surface level in Wenonah's portion of the lake.
For elections, Wenonah is a part of Minneapolis's eleventh ward.
- "Wenonah neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55417 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile: Wenonah" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Wenonah, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 3 March, 2011.
- City of Minneapolis GIS Business Services (3 July, 2008). City of Minneapolis Neighborhoods & Communities (Map). http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@bis/documents/maps/convert_264339.pdf. Retrieved 8 August, 2012.
- City of Minneapolis GIS Business Services (June, 2006). Wenonah (Map). http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@bis/documents/maps/convert_268322.pdf. Retrieved 8 August, 2012.
- Nokomis East Neighborhood Association (2007). The Nokomis East Neighborhoods (Map). http://www.nokomiseast.org/hood/maps.html. Retrieved 8 August, 2012.
- United States Geological Survey (1993). St Paul West Quadrangle (Map). 1: 24,000. V872. http://www.archive.org/download/usgs_drg_mn_44093_h2/o44093h2.tif. Retrieved 8 August, 2012.
- City of Minneapolis GIS Business Services (13 May, 2005). Wards and Election Precincts (Map). http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@bis/documents/maps/convert_271231.pdf. Retrieved 13 August, 2012.
|Diamond Lake||Morris Park|
|Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport|