Wesley Lopes Beltrame
|Full name||Wesley Lopes Beltrame|
|Date of birth||24 June 1987|
|Place of birth||Catanduva, Brazil|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder, Winger,
|2009||→ Atlético-PR (loan)||33||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 06:58, 30 December 2011 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Wesley began his career in 2006 with Santos, and was promoted to the senior side in 2007 where he played four games. In 2008, Santos sold 25% economic rights of numbers of footballer to DIS Esporte, including Wesley. Also in 2008, Wesley started to get more playing time making 20 league appearance and 9 Copa Libertadores appearance. As a player for Santos, Wesley plays in a lot of positions and help the defense.
Following his team's poor performances for Santos it reports on 26 March 2009 the Santos forward joined Atlético-PR on loan until the end of 2009 season. His performance at Atlético Paranaense was good when Wesley scored a winning goal against Cianorte in a Campeonato Paranaense cup. This led the club wanting attempted purchase of Wesley. However the agreement had never happened and Wesley returned to the club. Wesley made 33 appearance for Atlético Paranaense. Wesley made 33 appearance and scoring 2 against Internacional (which they won 3–2) and Corinthians (which they won 3–1).
In 2010, Wesley returned to Santos where he was important key player in the 2010 Campeonato Paulista and 2010 Copa do Brasil championship which Santos won and get more playing time for the club which his in the right back. On 22 May 2010, Wesley scored his first goal for Santos in a 2–1 win over Goianiense.
His performance was good at Santos that European clubs like Portuguese side Benfica and German side Werder Bremen were keen to sign him and eventually he was signed for Werder Bremen for an undisclosed fee for a replacement for Mesut Özil, who left for Real Madrid this summer. Santos received R$ 7.735 million for its 35% economic rights. The remain 40% economic rights was held by unknown parties. His move to Germany was causing a grief to Santos fans. On 11 September 2010, Wesley made his debut in a Werder Bremen shirt in a 0–0 draw against Bayern Munich. On 23 October 2010, Wesley scored his first goal for the club in a 4–1 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach. Wesley suffered an injury in a match against Schalke 04 on 20 November 2010 and was out of action until 7 March 2011 when he made his return in a match against Borussia Mönchengladbach. On 20 August 2011, Wesley scored his second goal for the club in a 5–3 win over SC Freiburg. His time at Werder Bremen was struggling to adapt at Germany and had fallen down the pecking order of midfielders at Bremen and had earlier expressed his frustration on the lack of playing time.
On 8 March 2012 Wesley returned to Brazil for Palmeiras on a three-year contract for an estimated €6million (£5m). During the negotiations, the Brazilian club came to make a campaign to collect money through the crowd to hire the player, since it lacked the 2 million to pay the first installment of the player to the Germans. However, an investor willing to pay that appeared the first installment and completed the negotiations, which had a total of 6 million. Wesley made his debut for the club in a 1–0 loss against Paulista on 29 March 2012. On 8 April 2012, Wesley suffered an injury on his knee ligament in a 3–1 loss against Guarani. His injury results him out of action for the rest of the season and expected to return in 2013. The following day, Wesley spoke on his injury for the first time and said:
"Nothing in life is by chance and I'm sure will be a lesson for me to come back even stronger. All this served to know how much I'm loved, because many people got in touch, giving me strength and passing positive messages. I can only thank my teammates and the fans of Palmeiras, "he said. Wesley will be six to eight months out because of a cruciate ligament tear in his right knee occurred in the first minutes of the match against Guarani. The first step in treatment is corrective surgery, which has no date to be done. "All this will serve to mature. Now, I will focus on the surgery and then dedicate myself to recovery as soon as possible to return to work,"—Wesley on his injury.
- "Balanço Patrimonial de 2008" [Santos FC 2008 annual report]. Santos FC (in Portuguese). Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Por decisão da Justiça, Santos perde 25% dos direitos de Ganso para o DIS". GloboEsporte (in Portuguese). 27 December 2010. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Atlético confirma contratação do atacante Wesley" (in Portuguese). parana-online.com.br. 25 March 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Balanço Patrimonial de 2010" [2010 Annual Financial Report]. Santos FC (in Portuguese). ca. early 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Wesley transfer set". Werder Bremen. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "WERDER BREMEN SELL WESLEY TO PALMEIRAS". Blogs.Bettor. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Investidor que ajudou Verdão a trazer Wesley mantém sigilo sobre acerto" (in Portuguese). Globoesporte.com. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Wesley rompe ligamento do joelho e só deve voltar a jogar em 2013" (in Portuguese). Globoesporte.com. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Wesley desfalca Palmeiras por até oito meses" (in Portuguese). Goal.com. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Wesley fala pela primeira vez sobre lesão no joelho" (in Portuguese). Goal.com. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.