Wesselburen (German pronunciation: [vɛsəlˈbuːʁən]) is a municipality in the district of Dithmarschen in the German Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein. It is situated near the North Sea coast, approximately 11 km west of Heide.
Wesselburen is part of the Amt ("collective municipality") Büsum-Wesselburen.
- Christian Friedrich Hebbel, 1813–1863, poet and dramatist
- Christian Otto Mohr, 1835–1918, civil engineer
- Adolf Bartels, 1862–1945, journalist and poet
- Jil Sander, born in 1943, fashion designer
- Hans-Jochen Noack, born in 1944, Plastic Injection Mold Designer
Windmills near Wesselburen