|Founded||June 24, 2013|
|Frequent-flyer program||WestJet Rewards|
|Parent company||WestJet Airlines|
|Headquarters||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Key people||Ferio Pugliese (President)|
WestJet Encore is a Canadian regional airline based at Calgary International Airport and is a wholly owned subsidiary of WestJet. The airline commenced operations on June 24, 2013, using a fleet of Bombardier Dash 8 Q400s. WestJet Encore's initial schedule was announced February 10, 2013, with booking being available on WestJet's website.
In February 2012, WestJet announced that its employees approved forming a regional airline to serve smaller communities in Canada. The airline commenced operations on June 24, 2013, using a fleet of up to 45 Bombardier Q400s. The company launched WestJet Encore in the Western half of the country first, then expanded the service into the remainder of Canada a year later. The initial schedule was announced on February 11, 2013.
WestJet Encore initially launched from its Calgary base. The first new destinations announced were Fort St. John and Nanaimo, both in British Columbia, followed by Brandon, Manitoba. Service out of the eastern base, Toronto Pearson International Airport, began June 27, 2014.
The WestJet Encore fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of May 2014):
|Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 NextGen||
- Westjet to announce flights to Fort St. John Monday | EnergeticCity.ca
- Deveau, Scott (2012-10-12). "WestJet names new regional carrier 'Encore'". Ottawacitizen.com. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "WestJet picks Bombardier planes for regional carrier". Reuters. May 1, 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "WestJet names its new regional service WestJet Encore". October 11, 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- Marowits, Ross (2014-03-27). "Bombardier gets US$326-million aircraft orders, including five Q400s for WestJet". The Canadian Press.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to WestJet.|