West Acre shown within Norfolk
|OS grid reference|
|District||King's Lynn and West Norfolk|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||KING'S LYNN|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
|UK Parliament||North West Norfolk|
The village is on the Nar Valley Way pathway.
Recently the village has found renown both in Norfolk and Great Britain as a whole as the home of West Acre Billiards Club, which is a small centre for the coaching and development of English Billiards and Snooker, with a membership of around 25. The club has in the past 15 years seen the following members reach national finals:
- 1999-Phillip Welham - National Billiards Championship Runner-up.
- 2000-Phillip Welham - National Billiards Champion.
- 2004-Ricky Easter - National Boys Billiards Championship Runner-up.
- 2005-Phillip Welham - National Billiards Champion.
- 2008-Bruce Welham - National Junior Billiards Championship Runner-Up.
- 2010-Ryan Jackson - National Boys Billiards Championship Runner-up.
- 2013-Jack Easter - National Boys Billiards Championship Runner-up
- 2013-James Eyre - National Boys Billiards Champion.
For the last 15 years free coaching has been given on Monday afternoons at West Acre Billiards Club. All newcomers to Cuesports are welcome to attend. During this time over 150 players between the ages of 7-18 years have been coached. About one third of this number have been residents of West Acre. In March of this year Head Coach Phill Welham became an I.B.S.F official Coach.
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|