West Bandung Regency
|West Bandung Regency|
|Motto: Wibawa Mukti Kerta Raharja|
|• Regent||Drs. H. Abubakar M.Si.|
|Elevation||680 m (2,520 ft)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
West Bandung Regency (Kabupaten Bandung Barat) West Bandung was established in 2007, formerly it was part of Bandung Regency region of West Java. The capital of this regency is Ngamprah, an industrial district on the west side of Bandung. It is part of the Bandung Metropolitan Area.
According to the 2010 Census, the population of the Regency was 1,506,448; the latest official estimate (for 2014) is 1,624,179.
The idea of dividing Bandung Regency into two separate regencies originated in 1999, based on a proposal from the current regent (H.U. Hatta Djati Permana) for the parliament to consider and approve the idea of splitting off the western part of the existing Bandung Regency. Before the split-off was successfully completed, Cimahi (an area consisting of three districts, which used to be part of Bandung Regency) had been promoted to became autonomous city. After Cimahi become an autonomous administration, the request to split off the western portion of Bandung Regency as a separate regency grew.
Finally in 2007, the government of Indonesia approved the proposal to separate the western part of Bandung Regency to became an autonomous regency, the Western Bandung Regency. On its birth, this newest regency in West Java were headed by an acting regent H. Tjatja Kuswara (an officer from West Java provincial government) until April 2008, when the first direct election of West Bandung Regency Regent was held, with H. Abubakar and H. Agus Yasmin as the contestants; H. Abubakar with his running mate Ernawan Natasaputra won the election and became the Regent and Vice-Regent of West Bandung Regency.
West Bandung Regency current regent is Drs. H. Abubakar, M.Si.
Lists of sub-districts (Kecamatan) on West Bandung Regency:
- Gunung Batu
- Marga Asih
- Sindang Kerta
International/Local tourist location is:
- Mount Tangkuban Parahu, famous mountain in Indonesia with its 4 craters. Vehicles can arrive to the lips of the biggest crater (Kawah Ratu means Queen of the Craters). Some craters can be also hiked.
Local tourist locations are:
- Lembang, northern east-most sub district of this regency, its well known for fresh air.
- Maribaya, east of Lembang, an area with fresh air and a waterfall.
- Curug Cimahi, beautiful 85 meters waterfall located near the subdistrict of Parongpong, near Cihideung Village and Vila Istana Bunga, 687 stairs to the waterfall. A location for the 10th leg of eco-torism destinaton of US TV series, The Amazing Race.
- Ciwangun Indah Camp, a 22 hectares outbound area mainly for children is located in Colonel Masturi street, Ciwangun, Cihanjuang Rahayu, Parongpong. The location consists of a waterfall, a man made pond, pines forest, tea plantation and strawberry field.
- Curug Kebul, the tallest waterfall among 7 waterfalls in Curug Malela area.
- Curug Malela, a 70-meter wide and 50-meter tall waterfall at Manglid village, Cicadas sub-district, Rongga district, West Bandung Regency near Cianjur Regency consists of 5 waterfalls side by side and looked like a silky whitish curtain from a far, 87 kilometers from Bandung, 4 hours uses a motorcycle. The waterfall is known also as 'Mini Niagara' can be seen since 1 kilometer away from a musholla and the neareast waterfall can be reached from a parking area.
- Karanghawu Vertical Cave, at Cidadap vilage, Padalarang, near Ciburuy lake and 125 cliff, a 90 meters vertical cave with a natural bridge over it.
- Pawon Cave, at Cipatat, a pre-historic cave was used when Old Bandung Lake still exist.
- Situ Lembang, a remote small man made lake, located between 2 mountains, mount Tangkubanparahu and mount Burangrang, it has a tremendous natural scenery and unpolluted remote fresh air. The location is training camp for Army, so not every time and everyone may access it.
- Stone Garden, a hill near Padalarang which need a lot of energy to climb is full with big stones or boulders, sometimes cloud through it and below the top of the hill, so the situation is likes Zhangjiajie Mountain in China.
- Waduk Saguling, a human made lake formed by the Saguling Dam located on the center of West Bandung regency, also location of fishing activities. Located in the topside of Citarum River.
- Waduk Cirata, a human made lake and dam of Citarum River, located on Cipeundeuy sub-district. Located between Waduk Saguling and Waduk Jatiluhur.
- Situ Ciburuy, a small lake, located on the side of the state road connecting Cianjur and Bandung.
Bandung Regency Administration will build information center at their leading sites, Maribaya, Situ Ciburuy and Pawon Cave.
Al Irsyad Mosque
A unique Al Irsyad Mosque got the fifth place of Building Of The Year 2010 is located in Kota Baru Parahyangan with capacity of 1,500 people. The mosque is box shape likes Ka'bah with grey color, but has many holes on its walls for ventilation and makes 2 sentences of shahada.
Several industries are located in this area :
- Indofood (Food)
- Otto (Medicine)
- Ultrajaya (Beverage)
West Bandung Regency position is between Jakarta and Bandung city. It is the place where 2 main state road (Jakarta-Puncak/Sukabumi-Bandung) and (Jakarta-Purwakarta-Bandung) and 2 railroad route (Jakarta-Bandung) and (Cianjur-Bandung) were merged. It also has a connection to other cities using the Jakarta-Bandung intercity highway, with its Padalarang Toll Gate. It also has a major train station, the Padalarang Train Station, several economy-class intercity and domestic train were stop on this station.
- Brata Kusuma (March 17, 2014). "Chasing waterfalls: An easy weekend getaway to Curug Cimahi".
- Ciwangun Indah Camp
- "The Enchanting Miniature of Niagara". July 15, 2014.
- Muhammad Haitami (September 10, 2014). "Ini Bukan Gunung Avatar di China, Tapi di Padalarang!".
- Tourism Leading Sites
- "Subhanallah...Inilah Masjid Yang Berdinding 2 Kalimat Syahadat". Retrieved August 11, 2013.
||Cianjur||Purwakarta||Subang / Sumedang|
|Cianjur||Cimahi (city) & Bandung (city)|
|Cianjur||Bandung Regency||Bandung Regency|