West Bengal University of Health Sciences
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|The West Bengal University of Health Sciences
পশ্চিমবঙ্গ স্বাস্থ্য বিজ্ঞান বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়
|Chancellor||Keshari Nath Tripathi
Governor of West Bengal
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr Amit Banerjee|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) has been set up by an Act of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly in the year 2003 for better management of the health and medical education related courses which were so far taught separately by the University of Calcutta, and the Universities of Burdwan and North Bengal. All the courses have been brought under one umbrella for helping in upgrading the level of teaching in the state.
- 1 Affiliated institutions
- 1.1 Modern medicine
- 1.2 Homoeopathic medicine
- 1.3 Dental institutes
- 1.4 Pharmacy
- 1.5 Nursing colleges
- 1.6 Physiotherapy Institutes
- 1.7 Ayurvedic Institute
- 1.8 Unani Institutes
- 1.9 Allied Health
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Name of Institution offering MBBS and/or MD/MS
- Calcutta Medical College, Calcutta
- IPGMER and SSKM Hospital, Calcutta
- Nil Ratan Sarkar Medical College and Hospital, Calcutta
- R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, Calcutta
- Calcutta National Medical College, Calcutta
- Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan
- Midnapore Medical College and Hospital, West Midnapore
- Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura
- North Bengal Medical College, Siliguri
- KPC Medical College and Hospital, Calcutta
- College of Medicine & JNM Hospital, Kalyani, Nadia
- Maldah Medical College and Hospital, Malda
- College of Medicine & Sagore Dutta Hospital, Kamarhati, Calcutta
- Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital, Berhampore, Murshidabad
- Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Joka, Kolkata
- ICARE Medical College & B C Roy Hospital,Haldia
- IQ City Medical College, Durgapur, Barddhaman
Institutions offering only MD and higher degrees
- Bangur Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata
- School of Tropical Medicine, Kolkata (also offers MSc in Medical Biotechnology)
- Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Kolkata
- Chittaranjan Seva Sadan Sishu Sadan & College of Obst. & Gynae., Kolkata
- Institute of Child Health, Kolkata
- All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health, Kolkata
- Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata
- Dr. B.C. Ray Memorial Children Hospital, Kolkata
- Command Hospital, Kolkata
The WBUHS is currently offering two courses in Homoeopathy - Doctor of Medicine (Homoeopathy) and Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS).
Institutes offering MD and BHMS
- National Institute of Homoeopathy, Block-GE, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkatta - 700106.
- Calcutta Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, 265/66, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkatta - 700009.(ONLY B.H.M.S. COURSE AVAILABLE).
- D.N. De Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, 12, G.K. Road, Kolkatta - 700046.
- Mahesh Bhattacharya Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, H.I.T. Road, Ichapur, Doomurjala, Howrah - 711104
Institutes offering BHMS
- Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Ismile, Asansol, Dist. Burdwan - 713301.
- Birbhum Vivekananda Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, P.O. Sainthia, Dist. Birbhum - 731234.
- Burdwan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Raj Ganj, P.O. Nutanganj, Dist. Burdwan - 713102.
- Kharagpur Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Kaushallya, P.O. Kharagpur, Dist. Midnapore - 721301.
- Mahesh Bhattacharya Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, H.I.T. Road, Ichapur, Doomurjala, Howrah - 711104.
- Midnapore Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, P.O. and Dist. Midnapore - 721104.
- Metropolitan Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, 77 & 160, Bipin Behari Ganguly St, Kolkata 700012.
- Netai Charan Chakravarty Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, 106-107, Joynaraian Babu and Anand Dutta Lane, Howrah - 711101.
- P.C. Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, 14/1, Narkeldanga,North Road, Kolkatta.
- Purulia Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, P.O. Dalmihadiba, Dist. Purulia 723102.
- Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata BDS,MDS
- Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research,Panihati BDS,MDS
- North Bengal Dental College, Siliguri BDS
- Burdwan Dental College, Burdwan BDS
- HALDIA INSTITUTE OF DENTAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH, HALDIA, BDS__http://www.hidsar.in/
- W.B.Govt.College of Nursing, Msc,Bsc
- B.M.Birla College of Nursing, MSC
- College of Nursing at R.N.Tagore Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bsc,MSC
- Sovarani Nursing College, BSc
- Ma Sarada College of Nursing, Bsc
- College of Nursing, Medical College, Kolkata, Bsc
- Sister Florence College of Nursing,81 Diamond Harbour Road, Barisa, Kolkata, Post Basic Bsc
- Peerless College of Nursing,360 Panchasayar,Kolkata 700094, Post Basic Bsc,Bsc
- Govt. College of Nursing, SSKM Hosp. Campus,Kolkata, Msc,Bsc
- Woodlands college of nursing,Diamond Harbour Road,Bhasa,kolkata.Bsc
- BHAGIRATI NEOTIA COLLEGE OF NURSING
- APOLLO GLENEAGLES COLLEGE OF NURSING
- CHARNOCK COLLEGE OF NURSING
- NRS MEDICAL COLLEGE, BSC, MSC
- Haldia Institute of Health Sciences, Haldia BPT
- School of Physical Medicine, IPGME&R BPT
- National Inst. Of Orthopaedically Handicapped, Kolkata -do-
- Nopany Institute of Healthcare Studies.koL, BPT,MPT
- MRCC College of Orthopaedics, Midnapore -do-
- Vidyasagar Institute of Health, Midnapore -do-
- Ali Yabar Jung National Institute of Hearing Handicapped, Kolkata -do-
- S.C.Garg Institute of Science & Technology, Kolkata -do-
- Burdwan Institute of Medical and Life Sciences, Burdwan BPT,MPT
- Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata- 700026 BPT
- Peerless Hospital & BK Roy Research Centre, 360 Panchasayar,Kolkata 700094 BPT
- SPG College of Health Sciences Baruipur, Kolkata- 700145 BPT
- Centre for Communication and Development, Madhyamgram,24 Parganas (North) BPT
- National Institute of Orthopaedically Handicapped, BT Road, Kolkata BPT
- Institute of Post Graduate Ayurvedic Education & Research, Kolkata FOR MD
- J. B. Roy State Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata-For BAMS
- Rajib Gandhi Memorial, Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital,Fingapara, 24- pgs. BAMS
- Raghunath Ayurved Mahavidyalaya and Hospital, Contai, Purba Medinipur . BAMS
1. Calcutta Unani Medical college BUMS
- All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health
- National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped