West Dublin / Pleasanton (BART station)
|West Dublin / Pleasanton|
A view of the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station from south side of Interstate 580
6501 Golden Gate Drive, Dublin, CA 94568
|Connections||WHEELS: Tri-Valley Rapid, 3, 3V, 53, 54
Tri-Delta Transit: Delta Express
|Opened||February 19, 2011|
|Passengers (FY 2012)||2,373 exits/day 263.9%|
West Dublin/Pleasanton is a BART station on the Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line, located in the median of I-580, just west of I-680. This station was an infill station that began revenue service almost 14 years after the rest of this portion of the Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City line, opening on Saturday, February 19, 2011 with a ceremony taking place the day before.
|M||Mezzanine||Faregates, ticket machines, station agent to Exits/Entrances|
|Westbound||← Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City toward Daly City (Castro Valley)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Dublin/Pleasanton–Daly City toward Dublin / Pleasanton (Terminus) →|
|Avg. Weekday Ridership|
|Source: Avg Weekday Exits by Station|
The station was originally planned to enter into service as part of the original extension to Dublin/Pleasanton, which entered service in 1997. As a result, the station's foundation, along with some communication and train control facilities, already existed on-site.
Bus service is provided by WHEELS, including a line providing express service to the Pleasanton ACE station, and Tri-Valley Rapid (a Bus rapid transit line), using techniques such as signal prioritization and queue-jump lanes to provide faster bus service connecting Stoneridge Mall, Lawrence Livermore/Sandia Laboratories, and BART.
- "BART Fiscal Year Weekday Average Exits". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "BART riders celebrate grand opening of West Dublin/Pleasanton Station Saturday". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). February 18, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Cabanatuan, Michael (December 17, 2010). "BART to open West Dublin/Pleasanton Station". San Francisco Chronicle (Hearst Newspapers). Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Pal, Meera (May 9, 2007). "Pleasanton gets look at 'transit village'". Tri-Valley Herald (ANG Newspapers). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Louie, Eric (August 10, 2009). "Welding issues could delay new West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station". Contra Costa Times (ANG Newspapers). Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "A History of BART - The Project is Rescued". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "New West Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station". Route Schedules and Maps. WHEELS (California). January 2011.[dead link]
- Tri-Valley Rapid