West End, Western Australia
Geraldton, Western Australia
|Population||312 (2006 census)|
|• Density||164/km2 (425/sq mi)|
|Area||1.9 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Location||4 km (2 mi) W of Geraldton|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Geraldton|
The suburb was gazetted in 1972.
West End is located on a peninsula extending to the west of Geraldton's central business district. While the suburb is mostly industrial and contains much of the Port of Geraldton's infrastructure, West End also hosts a small residential area, as well as a nature park on the coast around the peninsula.
At the 2006 census, West End had a population of 312, with a median age of 55 - some 20 years above the regional average. Nearly half of West End residents live in caravans or other non-permanent accommodation.
- Belair Gardens Caravan Park
- Point Moore
- Point Moore Lighthouse
- Pages Beach
- Greys Beach
- Geraldton Volunteer Marine Rescue Base
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Community Profile Series : West End (State Suburb)". 2006 Census of Population and Housing. Retrieved 2007-06-22.
- "Land Act 1933-1969 – Naming of Localities (per 3862/68)". Western Australia Government Gazette. 26 May 1972. p. 1972:1376.
- Department of Land Information. StreetSmart® Perth Street Directory (50 (2009) ed.). West Australian Newspapers Ltd. pp. Map G2. ISBN 978-1-921048-28-9.