West End (Houston)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2010)|
West End is also a part of Super Neighborhood 22, an organized collection of neighborhood civic clubs along the Washington Corridor that voices their neighborhoods' interests to various local issues/situations.
The official boundaries of West End are Durham Dr.to the west, Washington Ave to the south, I-10 to the north and Yale St. to the east.
Parks and recreation
West End Park, established in 1976, is located on the East side of Patterson St. between Koehler St. and Eli St.
West End residents are zoned to the following Houston Independent School District (HISD) public schools:
- "Houston Super Neighborhood 22"
- "West End Civic Club"
- "City of Houston Council District "H" Map." City of Houston. January, 2010. Retrieved on May 11, 2010.
- "Memorial Elementary School Attendance Zone." Houston Independent School District.
- "Hogg Middle School Attendance Zone." Houston Independent School District.
- "Reagan High School Attendance Zone." Houston Independent School District.
- "Milam EL Boundary Map." Houston Independent School District. March 28, 2002. Retrieved on October 21, 2012.
- Spencer, Jason. "HISD adopts plan for promotions, shuts 4 schools." Houston Chronicle. Friday April 9, 2004. Retrieved on October 21, 2012.
- Foster, Robin. "School closing draws protest in Cottage Grove." Houston Chronicle. Tuesday May 3, 2011. Retrieved on October 21, 2012.
- West End Civic Club
- Houston Super Neighborhood 22
- Galehouse, Maggie. "Houston designer Brett Zamore reviving kit homes." Houston Chronicle. Friday July 18, 2008.
|This Texas state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|