West Feliciana Parish Public Schools
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2009)|
As of 2012 it was the school district in Louisiana with the third highest level of academic performance, after the Zachary Community School Board and the New Orleans Public Schools campuses not within the Recovery School District.
All of the schools are located in unincorporated areas.
- West Feliciana High School  (Bains)
- West Feliciana Middle School (Bains)
- 2nd Grade-5th Grade: Bains Elementary School (Bains)
- Preschool-1st Grade: Bains Lower Elementary School (Bains)
- Preschool-5th Grade: Tunica Elementary School (Tunica)
- The Tunica Elementary building is in proximity to the Louisiana State Penitentiary (LSP), being four miles from the facility. During its life about 125 students attended the school. Before its closure, it had 110 students. Many Tunica Elementary students lived on the premises of LSP. On May 18, 2011, due to budget cuts, the parish school board voted to close Tunica Elementary.
- "Locations." West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on October 12, 2010. "4727 Fidelity Street St. Francisville, LA 70775"
- Minton, James. "W. Feliciana schools celebrate gains." The Advocate. December 7, 2012. Retrieved on March 23, 2013. "West Feliciana, as a district, moved into the ranks of A-rated districts in the second year of the state’s letter-grade labeling program and maintained its position as the third-highest performing district in the state, behind Zachary and the Orleans Parish schools that are not in the state-run Recovery School District."
- West Feliciana High School Handbook. West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. 15/26.
- West Feliciana Middle School Handbook. West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. 6.1 (34/58)
- Tunica Elementary School Handbook. West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. 7/15.
- Bains Lower Elementary School Handbook. West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. 5/6
- "Bains Elementary School Handbook. West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. 17/51.
- "West Feliciana Parish School System Profile." (Archive) West Feliciana Parish School System. 3. Retrieved on February 18, 2012.
- Lussier, Charles. "Officials say they try to keep cuts out of classrooms." The Advocate. Retrieved on February 18, 2012.
- "Complaints build over cutbacks, board says." The Advocate. August 18, 1992. Retrieved on August 16, 2010. "John Cobb and Billy Bishop asked board members to overturn a staff decision to reassign their children to Tunica Elementary located near Angola..."
- "Fair enlivens out-of-the-way school." The Advocate. May 18, 1991. Retrieved on August 16, 2010. "Tunica Elementary is only a few miles from the main gate of the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola and many of its students live on the 18000acre prison"
- Rivas, Brittany. "West Feliciana board closes elementary school." WBRZ. May 18, 2007. Retrieved on February 18, 2012.