West Lincoln, Ontario
|— Township —|
|Township of West Lincoln|
|Motto: Industry, Progress, Agriculture|
|• Mayor||Douglas Joyner|
|• Federal riding||Niagara West—Glanbrook|
|• Prov. riding||Niagara West—Glanbrook|
|• Land||387.78 km2 (149.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||181 m (594 ft)|
|• Density||35.7/km2 (92/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||905, 289, 365|
West Lincoln is a township in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada. Main urban areas are located along the former provincial Highway 20. The administrative centre of West Lincoln is the community of Smithville, situated halfway between Hamilton and Pelham.
The township comprises the communities of Abingdon, Allens Corner, Attercliffe, Basingstoke, Bismarck, Boyle, Caistor Centre, Caistorville, Echo, Fulton, Grassie, Kimbo, Port Davidson, Rosedene, Silverdale, Smithville, St. Anns, Vaughan, Warner, Wellandport, Wilcox Corners and Winslow.
Retail establishments in Smithville are congregated amongst two major nodes: the downtown core, and the Village Square Mall.
Major businesses downtown include Foodland, Royal Bank, CIBC, the IDA, and Niagara Grain and Feed (associated with Maple Lodge). A new addition to the downtown core business is McMurchie Lane Antiques McMurchie Lane Antiques. It is also the location of several real estate, doctor, and financial adviser offices. Notable commercial establishments in the Village Square Mall include, a Giant Tiger, Home Hardware, Subway, Gino's Pizza, Tim Hortons, Beer Store, and a liquor store. A new addition to the plaza is Touchdown Willy's Tap and Grill. Wellandport has the Home Hardware and Farm supply, whose motto is 'If they don't have it, you don't need it'. Wellandport is also home to Centauri Summer Arts Camp, an arts-themed summer camp for boys and girls.
Smithville also has a Farmers Market that runs every Saturday morning in the summer. The market features a carefully selected variety of vendors showcasing local produce, preserves, meat, honey, flowers and baking.
- Population: 13,837
- % Change (2006–2011): 5.1
- Dwellings: 4,744
- Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 4,629
- Area (km²): 387.78
- Density (persons per km²): 35.7
- Population in 2011: 13,837
- Population in 2006: 13,167
- Population in 2001: 12,268
- Population in 1996: 11,513
- Population in 1991: 10,864
- "West Lincoln, Ontario (Code 3526021) census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- "West Lincoln". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. http://www4.nrcan.gc.ca/earth-sciences/geography-boundary/geographical-name/search/unique.php?output=xml&id=FDNNM. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "Topographic Map sheets 30L13, 30L14, 30M3, 30M4". Atlas of Canada. Natural Resources Canada. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-10-09.