West London Business
West London Business (WLB) is a Chamber of Commerce organisation representing and promoting business in west London. It represents business and enterprise with any commercial focus across the six 'West London Alliance' boroughs:
with a combined population of 1.4 million people.
WLB has over 400 members, including major corporates and multinationals such as GlaxoSmithKline, the BBC, Diageo, BSkyB and BAA, through to SMEs in a wide range of sectors. The organisation claims this results in a unique forum for promotion and networking in west London.
West London Business is active in:
- promoting economic development, entrepreneurial activity and innovation, as well as supporting the many growth sectors in West London, such as pharmaceuticals, food, information technology, logistics, creative industries and tourism
- (through the 'Business London West Consortium') offering free support for business start-up and micro companies
- offering a broad portfolio of commercial consultancy services, using specialist partner consultants where appropriate
- (in a London Development Agency supported programme) promoting inward investment and business growth services
- lobbying to influence public policy decisions that affect the business environment in the area
- providing members with knowledge of London-wide and local political and economic developments.
It works with the (geographically larger) 'West London Partnership' on training and skills issues.
As a transport initiative, throughout the 2000s it has promoted the West London Orbital underground railway scheme.