West Midlands bus route 801 (Coventry)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Image of previous operator National Express Coventry on service 801
|Operator||Travel de Courcey|
|Predecessors||National Express Coventry|
|Via||Tile Hill railway station
University of Warwick
Cannon Park shopping centre
|End||University Hospital (Walsgrave)|
|Length||20.5 miles each way|
The service was operated by Travel Coventry and then Travel de Courcey (under a modified route) under contract to Centro on behalf of the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust.
It was one of the routes in the city which do not serve the City Centre.
- 30 July 2006 – National Express Coventry commence operating this bus service which came into existence due to a planning condition imposed on the University Hospital for to provide such a service,
- 7 January – 31 March 2007 – a temporary timetable operated due to roadworks on the A45, journeys were operated c. every 40 minutes.
- 10 – 25 February 2008 – service was temporarily diverted to Cannon Park shopping centre due to a road closure preventing access to the University of Warwick.
- 27 April 2008 – Amended timetable, including the addition of an earlier Monday to Saturday morning journey towards University Hospital.
- 26 February 2012 – A new tender for operating this service including a change of route and timetable was awarded to A-Line Travel but after a day of not operating any service Centro terminated the contract with A-Line Travel and draft in National Express Coventry, who agreed to cover running the service to the end of Saturday 3 March but to the pre-26 February route and timetable, the bus service however was free for this period as they were no longer registered to collect fares. In the meantime Centro put out a new emergency tender for operating the service to commence 4 March 2012, which was awarded to National Express Coventry.
- 4 March 2012 - Revised route and timetable eventually commences, Cannon Park shopping centre, Whitley Business Park and Willenhall Precinct added to the route resulting in a scheduled 12 minute longer journey end to end, the evenings and Sunday timetable is reduced to every 60 minutes.
- 22 October 2012 - A new tender for operating this service is awarded to Travel De Courcey and journeys are extended to Eastern Green providing partial replacement for services 43, 43A and 43W.
- 9 June 2013 - Service 801, along with service 701 and part of service 703/704 is withdrawn/amalgamated into a new orbital bus route around Coventry under a new service number: 360A in the Anti-clockwise direction and 360C in the Clockwise direction.
- Eastern Green, Nod Rise
- Eastern Green, Unicorn Avenue
- Upper Eastern Green Lane
- Broad Lane, Woodlands School
- Tile Hill, Jardine Crescent
- Tile Hill, Hawthorn Lane
- Tile Hill Village, Station Avenue
- Charter Avenue
- Mitchell Avenue, Westwood Academy
- University of Warwick
- Kirby Corner Road
- Cannon Park shopping centre
- Canley Fire Station (towards Hospital only)
- Canley Crematorium (towards University only)
- A45 Fletchamstead Highway
- A45 Kenpas Highway
- Stivichall, Leamington Road
- Stivichall, The Chesils
- Cheylesmore, Black Prince Avenue
- Cheylesmore, William Bristow Road
- Whitley, Business Park (Jaguar Land Rover)
- Whitley, London Road
- Willenhall, St. James Lane
- Willenhall, Remembrance Road
- Ernesford Grange, Bredon Avenue
- Binley, Brandon Road
- Clifford Bridge Road
- University Hospital, Walsgrave
- "801 Bus from Warwick to Walsgrave Hospital not currently running". Warwick University. Retrieved 28 February 2012.