West San Jose, San Jose, California
West San Jose is the westernmost neighborhood in San Jose, California. The area of West San Jose is bounded on the north by the city of Santa Clara, on the east by San Tomas Expressway, on the south by Prospect Road, and on the west by De Anza Boulevard. The eastern boundary of San Jose City Council District 1 is at Highway 17.
Most of the housing was built in the 1950s as moderately priced housing. In the last several decades, the neighborhood became upscale as the median housing value rose to over one million dollars, especially in the part of West San Jose bordering Cupertino and Saratoga. Nearby commercial/retail includes Santana Row, the Westgate Mall (San Jose), and El Paseo de Saratoga.
Attractions in West San Jose include the historic Winchester Mystery House, a California historic landmark, as well as over 20 movie theaters, such as AMC Saratoga 14, and Santana Row's Ciné Arts.
The eastern portion of West San Jose is served by the Elementary and Middle Public Schools at the Moreland School District, including multiple California Distinguished Schools. The affluent western portion of the neighborhood is served by the Cupertino Union School District and the Fremont Union High School District.
- City of San Jose, Council District 1
- All About West San Jose
- Calabazas branch of the San Jose Public Library system
- West Valley branch of the San Jose Public Library system
- San Jose, California
- Cupertino, California
- Moreland School District
- Archbishop Mitty High School
- Harker School, a private college preparatory school
- Le Papillon, an expensive French restaurant
- Lynbrook High School
- Monta Vista, a neighborhood of Cupertino
- Prospect High School
- Rancho Rinconada, a neighborhood of Cupertino
- Westfield Valley Fair, a shopping mall
- Westgate Mall
- "City Council District Maps". City of San Jose. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
|This Santa Clara County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|