Western Carolina Regional Airport
|Western Carolina Regional Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KRHP – FAA LID: RHP|
|Serves||Andrews, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||1,697 ft / 517 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Western Carolina Regional Airport (ICAO: KRHP, FAA LID: RHP) is a county-owned public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) west of the central business district of Andrews, in Cherokee County, North Carolina, United States. It was formerly known as Andrews-Murphy Airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this facility is assigned RHP by the FAA and has no assignment from the IATA (which assigned RHP to Ramechhap, Nepal). The airport's ICAO identifier is KRHP.
Facilities and aircraft
Western Carolina Regional Airport covers an area of 206 acres (83 ha) at an elevation of 1,697 feet (517 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 8/26 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 8, 2008, the airport had 20,500 aircraft operations, an average of 56 per day: 93% general aviation, 5% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 73 aircraft based at this airport: 64% single-engine, 27% multi-engine and 8% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for RHP ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- "Andrews-Murphy Airport". Cherokee County. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007.
- "Western Carolina Regional Airport (FAA: RHP, ICAO: KRHP)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Ramechhap, Nepal (IATA: RHP, ICAO: VNRC)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "KRHP - Western Carolina Regional Airport". AirNav. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- Western Carolina Regional Airport at Cherokee County web site
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RHP, effective May 30, 2013
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|