Chicago Ridge Mall
|Location||Chicago Ridge, Illinois, USA|
|Address||444 Chicago Ridge Mall, Chicago Ridge, IL 60415|
|Management||CBL & Associates Properties|
|Owner||Starwood Capital Group|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||833,000 ft²|
|No. of floors||1|
Chicago Ridge Mall, formerly Westfield Chicago Ridge from 2004-2012, is a shopping mall in Chicago Ridge, Illinois. The mall includes three anchor stores (Carson Pirie Scott, Kohl's, and Sears), as well as a Bed Bath & Beyond, Michaels arts and crafts store, a movie theater and a food court. It was built in 1981 and expanded in 1986. In April 2012, Westfield sold the mall to Starwood Capital Group, with CBL & Associates Properties responsible for management.
Chicago Ridge Mall opened in 1981. Lenhdorff Group bought the mall in 1986 and sold it to JMB Realty a year later.
In 1993, Montgomery Ward was added as an anchor in a spot previously occupied by Madigan's. The Montgomery Ward space later became Bed Bath & Beyond and Steve & Barry's, the latter of which closed in 2008. In 2010, Westfield Group confirmed that Aldi would open in the space vacated by Steve & Barry's.
- "Development and Review Outlook". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- Ibata, Dave (1986-11-03). "DALLAS FIRM TO EXPAND SUBURBAN MALL". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "JMB BUYS CHICAGO RIDGE MALL". The Chicago Tribune. 7 April 1987. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- "The Ticker". Chicago Sun-Times. 30 April 1993. p. 47. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- "Westfield to Open ALDI Grocery at Chicago Shopping Center". PR Web. 17 September 2010. Retrieved 9 January 2011.