|Location||Hornsby, New South Wales, Australia|
|Address||Cnr Florence and Hunter Streets, Hornsby NSW 2077|
|Opening date||1961 (original), 2001 (refurbishment)|
|No. of stores and services||335|
|No. of anchor tenants||7|
|Total retail floor area||99,830 square metres (1,074,600 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||3|
Westfield Hornsby, owned and managed by the Scentre Group, is a large shopping centre in Sydney's upper North Shore suburb of Hornsby. It is currently the oldest location in the Westfield chain, having been trading for over forty years. The centre won a Rider Hunt Award in 2003.
In 1968, Westfield Hornsby was reopened following the completion of a major redevelopment which saw the centre quadruple in size. The centre was refurbished for a third time in 2001, costing $360 million. During this refurbishment, the centre was rebuilt and combined with the extended and refurbished former Northgate centre.
Westfield Hornsby has 335 stores built over 99,830 square metres. The centre's major retailers include Myer, David Jones, Target, Kmart, Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, JB Hi-Fi, Dan Murphy's, Bing Lee, Rebel Sport and Event Cinemas. In September 2011, Apple opened its 13th Australian store in Westfield Hornsby.
Westfield Hornsby is a two minute walk from Hornsby railway station. The centre also has approximately 3,680 parking spaces. The management of Westfield Hornsby introduced a "Car Park Management System", in which over 50 devices including entry and exit devices, barriers, automatic pay stations were installed.
Recognition and celebrity appearances
In August 2009, Australian pop singer Ricki-Lee Coulter made an appearance at Westfield Hornsby to promote her album, Hear No, See No, Speak No. Former Miss Universe Australia contestant Laura Dundovic was involved in a fashion show in the centre in September 2009. In October of the same year, UK stylists Trinny and Susannah appeared in the centre to give "makeovers" to shoppers.
- Condon, Turi. "Westfield restructure a success: Lowy". The Australian Business Review=20 June 2014.
- "History of Hornsby Shire - Hornsby Shire Council". Hornsby Council. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Westfield Group - Property Portfolio - Hornsby". Westfield Group. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Westfield Trust Reports 16.1% Increase In Profit". Scoop News. Scoop. 2001-08-09. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Apple to open Hornsby store this week - Apple Stores, Apple Store Hornsby, apple store, Apple - ARN". Arnnet. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Using Public Transport". Westfield Group. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "ParkingJournal 12- 092010 - Parking systems.pdf". scheidt.bachmann.com. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Rider Hunt Awards". Property Council of Australia. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Property Council of Australia - Piers 8 and 9, Walsh Bay wins top property award". Property Council of Australia. 2004-07-02. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Ricki-Lee struts her stuff at Westfield Hornsby - People - News - Hornsby & Upper North Shore Advocate". Hornsby Advocate. 2009-08-11. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Miss Universe Australia wows Hornsby - Events - Lifestyle - Hornsby & Upper North Shore Advocate". Hornsby Advocate. 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Trinny & Susannah experience stuns local bushie - Local News - News - Hornsby & Upper North Shore Advocate". Hornsby Advocate. 2009-10-29. Retrieved 2011-12-10.