|Location||Liverpool, New South Wales, Australia|
|Management||The Westfield Group|
|Owner||The Westfield Group (50%)
|No. of stores and services||365 |
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||93,619 m2 (1,007,707 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||3 (Top is Event Cinemas)|
|Information from Westfield|
History and development
Westfield Liverpool was opened in 1971.
The centre has a current catchment area of 386,860 persons, and retail spending in the catchment area estimated at A$3.2 billion (2005). Annual turnover at the centre for 2006 was A$318.2 million with 11.4 million visitors per year.
The centre has been extended and redeveloped three times in its life, the first in 1991, again in 1993, and more recently in 2006. By its 1993 extension, the centre was jointly owned by Westfield and Rodamco, and had 57,664 m2 (620,690 sq ft) of GLA. The 2006 extensions brought the GLA to 93,619 m2 (1,007,707 sq ft). These extensions were valued at an estimated $200 million (2006). In 2011, another redevelopment will occur in the shopping centre which will include widening of the mall, new flooring, lighting and furniture, as well as the relocation of existing retailers.
Major retailers operating within the shopping centre include;
- The Reject Shop
- Best and Less
- Toys 'R' Us
- Event Cinemas
- Big W
- JB Hi-Fi
- General Pants Co.
- "Property Portfolio - Westfield Liverpool" (in en-au). The Westfield Group. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- Spike Boydell (July 1998). An analysis of the investment appraisal of enclosed regional shopping centres : An Australian perspective. pp. pp.130,303. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
- "Liverpool City Centre" (in en-au). NSW Department of Planning, Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- "Westfield Liverpool to get facelift". Liverpool Leader. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "Public Transport - Westfield Liverpool" (in en-au). The Westfield Group. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- Westfield Liverpool is at coordinates Coordinates: