|Location||East Massapequa, New York, U.S.|
|Address||1 Sunrise Mall, Massapequa, NY 11758|
|Opening date||August 30, 1973|
|No. of stores and services||130+ |
|No. of anchor tenants||3 (1 Vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||1,200,000 ft²|
|No. of floors||2|
Westfield Sunrise, commonly known as Sunrise Mall, is a shopping mall located in East Massapequa, New York. The mall originally opened on August 30, 1973 as the first 2-level shopping center on Long Island. It later underwent a major remodel in 1991 and it was acquired by the Westfield Group in 2005. The main anchor tenants include Macy*s, Sears, JCPenney, and Walmart. The entrance from the west side parking lot is to the second floor of the mall and the entrance to the east side is on the first floor.
In the 1970s, fish aquariums were featured in the mall. And for many years, Westfield Sunrise featured indoor water fountains and also duck ponds. Both have since been replaced by children's play areas and Koi fish ponds, respectively.
On Saturday, August 4, 1984, more than 6,000 people were forced to leave Westfield Sunrise after a power failure cut off lights and air-conditioning to its shops and walkways. The blackout occurred at 2:30 P.M.
In 2003, a food court was placed in the mall near Sears in the former second floor of Woolworth's, and a new glass elevator was placed near the food court for easier access. It was removed and replaced with another elevator (not glass) because the koi pond had to be moved down for a play area.
On June 7, 2007, a 19 year old man drove through the mall with his 1995 Toyota, causing over $60,000 worth of damage. On Christmas Eve, 2007, two anonymous gentlemen handed out $100 bills to pleasantly surprised shoppers.
The mall is served by several bus routes in the area. It is currently served by the N19, N54/N55, N71, and N80/N81, run by Nassau Inter-County Express, as well as the S20 and S33, operated by Suffolk County Transit.
Walmart announced the closure of its store in the mall in January 2015. The final day of Walmart's operation is March 6, 2015. The Store Surprisingly closed on that day at 6:00pm 
- E. J. Korvette (Opened 1973, closed 1980. Replaced by Abraham & Straus)
- Abraham & Straus (Opened March 1982, closed 1995. Replaced by Stern's)
- Stern's (Opened 1983 in former Gertz, Moved to former Abraham & Straus building in 1995, closed 2001. Replaced by Walmart)
- Gertz (Opened 1973, became Stern's in 1983. Stern's moved to former Abraham & Straus store in 1995. Replaced by Sears)
- Walmart (Opened in May 2003, closed March 2015. Currently vacant.)
- Westfield Sunrise
- "Westfield Corp". Westfield.com. 2015-02-13. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- Berger, Joseph (1984-08-05). "POWER FAILS AT MALL ON L.I., FORCING OUT 6,000 - NYTimes.com". Massapequa (Ny): Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- [dead link]
- "Long Island News, Videos & Photos". Newsday. 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- "Walmart to close Massapequa store in March". Newsday. 2015-01-05. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- Official Westfield Sunrise Site
- Article about Walmart at Westfield Sunrise
- Article about how the mall was updated for the 1990s