|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Evan Woolley|
|• Total||0.5 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,140 m (3,740 ft)|
|• Average Income||$54,309|
|Website||Westgate Community Association|
Westgate is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Bow Trail to the north, 45 Street W to the east, 17 Avenue S to the south and Sarcee Trail to the west. Edworthy Park is located north of the community.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $54,309 in 2000, and there were 10.4% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 14.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 14.6% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 24.3% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Vincent Massey junior high and Westgate Bilingual elementary public schools.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Westgate Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 6 Profile". Retrieved 2008-09-30.
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|