|Location||130 Westminster Street and 65 Weybosset Street, Providence, Rhode Island|
|Architect||Russell Warren; James C. Bucklin|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||71000029|
|Added to NRHP||May 06, 1971|
|Designated NHL||May 11, 1976|
The Westminster Arcade, also known as the Providence Arcade, Arcade Providence, or The Arcade, is a historic shopping center in downtown Providence, Rhode Island. Built in 1828, it is notable as the first enclosed shopping mall in the United States. It has closed for renovation and rehabilitation several times and most recently reopened its doors in October 2013 as a residential and commercial mixed-use building.
Russell Warren and James Bucklin designed the building as an architectural arcade with prominent Ionic columns at either end. After falling into disrepair, it was rehabilitated by architects Irving B. Haynes & Associates and Gilbane Properties, and reopened in 1980. It closed again in 2008 for renovations and did not reopen until October 2013 as a mixed-use commercial and residential "micro-loft" space.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23.
- "Arcade". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- Kandarian, Paul (9 October 2013). "Arcade in Providence opening eateries". Boston.com. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Marcelo, Philip (May 7, 2009). "Landmark Buildings in Disrepair". Providence Journal. p. B.1.
- "Historic Providence Arcade Reopens its Doors". GoLocal Prov. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "The Arcade Providence - a Historic Revival". Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- Woodward, William McKenzie (2003). PPS/AIAri Guide to Providence Architecture (1st ed.). Providence, R.I.: Providence Preservation Society. p. 84. ISBN 097428470X.
- Eil, Philip (26 December 2012). "At the Arcade, micro-living". The Providence Phoenix. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Carolyn Pitts (February 3, 1976). PDF (32 KB). National Park Service. and PDF (32 KB)
- Arcade Providence - official site
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. RI-206, "The Arcade, 130 Westminster Street, Providence, Providence County, RI", 2 photos, 5 data pages