Westover Hills, Texas
|Town of Westover Hills, Texas|
Westover Hills Town Hall
Location of Westover Hills in Tarrant County, Texas
|• Total||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|• Land||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||970/sq mi (380/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1349869|
Westover Hills is located at .(32.745630, -97.415131)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.8 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 658 people, 258 households, and 211 families residing in the town. The population density was 920.9 people per square mile (357.8/km²). There were 273 housing units at an average density of 382.1 per square mile (148.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.33% White, 0.76% Asian, and 0.91% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.52% of the population.
There were 258 households out of which 26.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 79.1% were married couples living together, 1.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.2% were non-families. 15.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 2.86.
In the town the population was spread out with 24.0% under the age of 18, 2.0% from 18 to 24, 17.0% from 25 to 44, 35.4% from 45 to 64, and 21.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 51 years. For every 100 females there were 94.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.4 males.
The median income for a household in the town was in excess $200,000, as is the median income for a family. Males had a median income of over $100,000 versus $45,417 for females. The per capita income for the town was $133,558. About 1.0% of families and 2.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.8% of those under age 18 and 2.8% of those age 65 or over.
Westover Hills is in the Fort Worth Independent School District.
Westover Hills is served by:
- Mary Louise Phillips Elementary School
- Phillips was built in 1949. It was named after Mary Louise Phillips, the first female board member of FWISD.
- Monnig Middle School
- Arlington Heights High School
However, most families choose to send their children to private schools, typically Fort Worth Country Day School, but also All Saints' Episcopal School or Trinity Valley School, all three of which participate in the Southwestern Preparatory Conference.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Westover Hills town, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Our History." Mary Louise Phillips Elementary School. Retrieved on December 12, 2011.