Westport Plaza is a 42-acre (170,000 m2), commercial development, resort, and entertainment center located in Maryland Heights, Missouri. Westport opened in 1973 and since has grown to over 700,000 square feet (65,000 m2) of offices buildings, restaurants and entertainment venues, and hotels. The property was purchased jointly in 2007 by real estate company Golub & Co. and Boston-based Intercontinental Real Estate Corp. In 2012, Westport Plaza was purchased by Lodging Hospitality Management. The entertainment complex hosts many popular events over the year including: St. Louis Beer and Brat Festival, lunchtime concerts, "Parties at the Plaza" events, jazz concerts and Archon 34.
Restaurants and Entertainment Venues
- Backstreet Jazz & Blues- Jazz club featuring live music at night.
- Bradford's Pub- English-style pub
- Drunken Fish- Sushi Lounge with live music and karaoke at night.
- Funny Bone- Popular St. Louis comedy club.
- Kobe Steakhouse- Japanese, Teppanyaki-style restaurant provides entertaining dining.
- Paul Mineo's Trattoria- Italian Restaurant
- Trainwreck Saloon- American style restaurant and bar, live music and dancing at night.
- Westport Pizza Company- New York style pizza
- Westport also has fast-food chains of Starbucks, McDonalds, and St. Louis Bread Company
- The Playhouse at Westport- hosts plays, musicals, and other live productions.
- Sheraton Westport Plaza
- Sheraton Lakeside Chalet Resort
- numerous other hotels surround the Westport property.
- Residence Inn Westport Plaza http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/stlrw-residence-inn-st-louis-westport-plaza/
- Studios of KTRS (AM)
Westport is located on Westport Plaza Dr. with easy connections to Page Ave near the I-270 and Page Ave. interchange in Maryland Heights. Metro operates bus routes in the Westport Plaza area. Future plans to extend the Metrolink lightrail west from Clayton include a station at Westport.
- St. Louis Fine Restaurant Guide - West Port Plaza
- West Port Plaza for sale - St. Louis Business Journal:
- World of West Port Plaza
- Westport Plaza sold - St. Louis Business Journal:
- Lodging Hospitality Management buys Westport Plaza for $33 million
- Westport Plaza
- Archon 34 website
- Citizens for Modern Transit Working to Expand Metrolink St Louis