Former city hall of Oostvoorne
Location in South Holland
|Established||1 January 1980|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Peter de Jong (PvdA)|
|• Total||97.48 km2 (37.64 sq mi)|
|• Land||53.23 km2 (20.55 sq mi)|
|• Water||44.25 km2 (17.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Population (January 2014)|
|• Density||263/km2 (680/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Westvoorne ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality on the island Voorne-Putten in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. The municipality covers an area of 97.48 km2 (37.64 sq mi) of which 44.25 km2 (17.09 sq mi) is water. It had a population of 13,977 in 2014.
The municipality of Westvoorne was formed on 1 January 1980, through the merger of the former municipalities of Oostvoorne and Rockanje. It consists the population centres of Oostvoorne, Rockanje, Tinte and Helhoek.
In 2011 Westvoorne has received the QualityCoast Gold Award for its efforts to become a sustainable tourism destination. Because of this award Westvoorne has been selected for inclusion in the global atlas for sustainable tourism DestiNet.
- "B&W leden" [Mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Westvoorne. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 3235AP". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten", KNAW, 2006. 
- Sustainable Tourism Destination EUCC 
Oostvoornse meer, Brielse meer
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|