Wete is a town located on the Tanzanian island of Pemba. It is the capital of Pemba North Region, as well as the administrative seat for Wete District. It lies on the west side of the north part of the island. The town has an 2013 estimated population of 29,606.
- Wete (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "Wete, city town or place in North Pemba". Word Gazetteer. Archived from the original on 2013-02-17.
- Finke, Jens (2010). The Rough Guide to Zanzibar. Penguin. p. here.
- Gabe, Hans (1969). African harbour pilot. Hans Gade's Harbour Pilots (second ed.). Copenhagen: Hans Gade's Harbour Pilots Succ. p. 390. OCLC 97456.
- Fitzpatrick, Mary (2009). East Africa. Footscray, Victoria, Australia: Lonely Planet. p. 144. ISBN 978-1-74104-769-1.
|This Pemba North Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|