|Privately owned company|
|Headquarters||Hong Kong, People's Republic of China|
|Parent||The Wharf (Holdings)|
Wharf T&T eBusiness Limited
|Website||Wharf T&T Limited|
A member of The Wharf (Holdings), one of the largest conglomerates in Hong Kong, it was formerly known as New T&T Limited (Chinese: 香港新電訊有限公司) and Wharf New T&T Limited (Chinese: 九倉新電訊有限公司).
Established in 1995 as New T&T Limited, it was one of the first telecommunication operators to be offered a fixed line license after the Hong Kong Government decided to open this market to competition; Cable & Wireless Hong Kong Telecom had heretofore enjoyed a monopoly. The next year New T&T Limited was offering IDD service and residential fixed-line services.
Another name change, in 2003, yielded Wharf T&T Limited.
By 2006 the company decided to differentiate its offerings by providing some services through a different unit; Wharf T&T would focus on business clients and subsidiary i-Cable Communications, residential ones.
Subsidiaries include COL Limited, which provides IT services to businesses having more than "36 years experience in the IT sector"; i-Cable Communications, which provides residential services; and Wharf T&T eBusiness Limited (WeB), which was established in January 2007 and is an Internet service provider catering to SMEs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wharf T&T Square.|
- Company Background Wharf T&T Official Site
- Member's Profile - Wharf T&T Limited Communications Association of Hong Kong
- New T&T asiaxpat.com
- Interconnection - Lecture Notes International Telecommunication Union, Asia Pacific Centre of Excellence - Telecommunications
- Wharf New T&T Limited legco.gov.hk
- Milestone of Wharf T&T (1995) Wharf T&T Official Site
- Milestone of Wharf T&T (1996) Wharf T&T Official Site
- Consistent Growth Delivers Net Profit for Wharf New T&T Wharf T&T Official Site
- Business and Financial Review hkexnews.hk
- Wharf T&T Limited Wharf T&T Official Site
- Wharf T&T reports 89% increase in profit COL Official Site
- NEC and Wharf T&T Signed VIP Reseller Agreement NEC Official Site, 22 May 2008