What's Good For You
|What's Good For You|
|Presented by||Dr. Andrew Rochford (host)
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||4|
|Running time||30 minutes (including commercials)|
|Original channel||Nine Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original run||2006 – 2009|
What's Good For You is a Logie Award-winning Australian health and lifestyle television program that airs on the Nine Network. It investigates myths and fables concerning health and well being. Examples of myths investigated include "Does chocolate really cause pimples?", "Is there a cure for hiccups?" and "What foods produce the most flatulence?".
The show was initially broadcast as an ongoing series of 60 minute episodes in 2006 and 2007. In 2008, Nine announced plans to revise the format of the program in the form of stand alone specials, with the first broadcast in this format later that year. The series returned as an ongoing series, albeit in a 30 minute format, from 8 April 2009.
The original incarnation of What's Good For You in 2006 was hosted by Sigrid Thornton, with segments presented by Brooke Hanson, Leila McKinnon, Dr. Andrew Rochford and Michael Slater. The presenters remained the same in 2007, but with the addition of Giaan Rooney to the line up. Jessica Rowe also featured in a guest presenter spot in 2007. For the series' spring special in 2008, Thornton was replaced as host by Lisa Wilkinson, and Rochford was joined by new presenters Shelley Craft, landscaper Melissa King and the "Barefoot Investor" Scott Pape.
- Grant Hackett (2009)
- Janella Purcell (2009)
- Dr. Andrew Rochford (2006 – 2009, host 2009)
- Lyndsey Rodrigues (2009)
- Scott Pape (2008)
- Shelley Craft (2007)
- Brooke Hanson (2006–2007)
- Melissa King (2008)
- Leila McKinnon (2006–2007)
- Giaan Rooney (2007)
- Jessica Rowe (guest presenter 2007)
- Michael Slater (2006–2007)
- Sigrid Thornton (host 2006 – 2007)
- Lisa Wilkinson (host 2008)
The first season of What's Good For You was released on DVD in January 2009 as a four-disc set.
- Knox, David (24 July 2008). "Nine does its Block again". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 1 April 2009.
- Knox, David (14 August 2008). "Release the penguins!". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 1 April 2009.
- Knox, David (31 March 2009). "What’s not so good for Dr. Andrew". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 1 April 2009.
- Byrne, Fiona (27 July 2008). "Shelley crafts role as Today takes over". Herald Sun. Australia. Retrieved 1 April 2009.
- "What's Good For You series one". memorabletv.com. January 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2009.
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|