What's Left of Me (song)
|"What's Left of Me"|
|Single by Nick Lachey|
|from the album What's Left of Me|
|Released||February 21, 2006 (U.S.)|
|Writer(s)||Nick Lachey, Jess Cates, Emanuel Kiriakou, Lindy Robbins|
|Nick Lachey singles chronology|
"What's Left of Me" is a song co-written and recorded by American singer Nick Lachey. It was released on February 21, 2006 as the lead single from his second album, What's Left of Me. To date, it is Lachey's most successful single as a solo artist, reaching number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
"What's Left of Me" is a pop rock ballad that lasts for 4 minutes and 5 seconds. The song's instrumentation includes string instruments and guitars. Lyrically, the song expresses how Lachey feels about the divorce situation with his ex-wife Jessica Simpson.
- What's Left of Me (Main Version)
Europe CD single:
- What's Left of Me (Album Version)
- Don't Shut Me Out (Bonus Cut)
- What's Left of Me (Passengerz Remix)
- What's Left of Me (Jack D. Elliott Remix)
Lachey was documented on a MTV special that was aired on April 22, 2006 called "What's Left of Me". Following the special, a Making The Video was aired, covering the production process. The clip itself was premiered to the world at the end of the show. The video features Vanessa Minnillo former Miss Teen USA, and former TRL VJ, who in the video clip assumingly plays Jessica Simpson.
As the video progresses, objects from a house begin to disappear, such as a laptop computer, a stereo, some pictures, furniture, and products inside the fridge. At the end of the video, the wedding ring that Minnillo is wearing on a necklace also disappears, and seconds later Minnillo disappears before Nick's eyes. A final shot of Lachey standing on an empty house projects the theme of the song, and shows that there's nothing 'left of him'.
Many references to Lachey's personal life with Simpson are made: most specifically the wedding ring on the necklace disappearing and the presence of a camera crew filming Lachey and Minnillo (a reference to Lachey's personal discomfort over the making of the show Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica).
"What's Left of Me" was one of the early successes of 2006. "What's Left of Me" debuted at No. 89 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and eventually reached a peak position of No. 6 becoming Lachey's highest charting song as a solo artist. "What's Left of Me" remained on the Billboard Hot 100 for a total of twenty-five weeks. The song also performed well on other Billboard charts, including the Billboard Pop 100 where it reached a peak position of number 5. Thanks to the success of the single the album had an extremely strong debut at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 for the week of May 14, 2006. What's Left of Me sold 172,000 copies for that week, which was already a significant improvement upon the first week sales of his debut album, SoulO, which only sold 171,000 in total.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||54|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||4|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||40|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||88|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||33|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||64|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||25|
|United Kingdom (The Official Charts Company)||47|
|US Billboard Hot 100||6|
|US Billboard Pop Songs||5|
|US Billboard Adult Pop Songs||14|
|US Billboard Adult Contemporary||3|
Leandro Lopes version
|"Deixo A Voz Me Levar"|
|Single by Leandro Lopes|
|Released||October 6, 2006|
|Writer(s)||Jess Cates, Milton Guedes, Emanuel Kiriakou, Nick Lachey, Lindy Robbins|
In the same year of "What's Left of Me"'s original release, Sony BMG's executives chose for Leandro Lopes and Lucas Poletto, the two finalists of the first season of Ídolos, to record the song which was called "Deixo A Voz Me Levar" (Portuguese for "Let The Voice Carry Me"), in preparation for a single release as soon as the winner was announced.
Leandro and Lucas sang the song on July 27, 2006. Upon Leandro winning the competition, "Deixo A Voz Me Levar" was released on October 6, 2006 as the first single from his first album entitled Leandro Lopes: Por Você (English: Leandro Lopes: For You).
Filming of Leandro Lopes' first music video started around September 2006 in São Paulo, São Paulo. The video was directed by Pietro Sargentelli and first premiered on October 13, 2006 on MTV Brasil.
- CD Single
- "Deixo A Voz Me Levar" – 3:09
|Ídolos winner's singles
Deixo A Voz Me Levar (2006)
- "MTV What's Left of Me Special". MTV Special. By MTV. Perf. Nick Lachey. MTV. April 2006. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEH35LlceUM&feature=player_embedded#at=50
- "Australian-charts.com – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Chartverfulgong > Nick Lachey > What's Left of Me – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me". Top 40 Singles.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200636 into search.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me". Singles Top 60.
- "Swisscharts.com – Nick Lachey – What's Left of Me". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Idol alumni, Leandro Lopes launches CD by Sony Records" (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 2, 2006.
- "Leandro Lopes' music video debuts on MTV" (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 16, 2006.