What's Up! Que Pasa
|What's Up! ¿Que Pasa|
|Genre||Children's educational series|
|Opening theme||What's Up! ¿Que Pasa|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||Approx. 28 minutes|
|Original run||2007 – 2009|
What's Up! ¿Que Pasa is an American children's television show that teaches older children and tweens how to speak English and Spanish. Syndicated through TVSCO of Lakeland, Florida, the series is carried on various broadcast and cable channels nationwide as well as on the America One network.
This show combines entertainment with education in a half-hour format. Children learn about music, travel, multiculturalism, and positive moral and health choices. Supported by compulsory E/I requirements mandated by the Federal Communications Commission, the target age group of the show is between 8 and 12 years of age (third grade through seventh grade). The program is closed-captioned.
Papa Rap (a.k.a. Al Lopez) is the main host of the show followed by Emily, Jessica, DJ Torres, and Traveling Tom. All travel segments with Traveling Tom involve culture, sports, and/or food.
- Chewy's Cafe (Spanish: Cafe de Chewy)
- DJ's Mailbox (Spanish: El Buzón de DJ)
- Story Time (Spanish: Tiempo de Cuentos)
- Travel Time (Spanish: Hora de la Viajar)
- Health Rap (Spanish: Música la Salud)
- Think Before You Stink - no smoking song
- Changes Don't Happen Overnight - self-esteem song (Changes don't happen overnight and maybe I'm not who you like)
- Sticks and Stones - name calling song
- Feed Your Brain - literacy song (Time to turn off that TV; grab a book and start to read)
- Dancercise - Exercise is important
- Value yourself - Valórate
|This article about a children's television series produced in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|