What's in It for Me
|"What's in It for Me"|
|Single by John Berry|
|from the album John Berry|
|Released||June 13, 1994|
|Writer(s)||Gary Burr, John Jarrard|
|John Berry singles chronology|
"What's in It for Me" is the title of a song written by Gary Burr and John Jarrard and recorded by American country music artist John Berry. It was released in June 1994 as the fourth single from the album John Berry. The song reached #5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and peaked at #2 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart.
Larry Flick, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that Berry "proves here that he can up the tempo without sacrificing the intimacy or intensity of his performance." He goes on to say that this single should convince listeners and programmers that Berry is not a one-hit wonder.
"What's in It for Me" debuted at number 66 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of June 25, 1994.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||20|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||10|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||65|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 44.
- Billboard, June 18, 1994
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. October 17, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "John Berry Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for John Berry.
- "John Berry Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for John Berry.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1994". RPM. December 12, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Best of 1994: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|