What Would Tyler Durden Do?
|Type of site||Blog|
|Alexa rank||6,403 (April 2014[update])|
What Would Tyler Durden Do? (WWTDD) is a gossip blog named for the Fight Club character Tyler Durden, and playing on the Christian inspirational phrase 'What would Jesus do?' The blog, which is occasionally not safe for work, is notable for publishing rumours, criticism and revealing photographs of celebrities. The posts to the blog typically consist of a report followed by commentary from the author. Its readership is primarily from the United States. In a 2006 Youth Trends survey, What Would Tyler Durden Do? was one of two blogs of the top 10 most popular websites with females aged 17–25, a popularity the researcher attributed to "Gen Y females' current adoration with content surrounding celebrities and their 'uh oh' moments." It was cited by Mashable in 2008 as one of the 30 most salacious celebrity gossip sites on the Internet. The blog explains its purpose as follows:
"What Would Tyler Durden Do" is a blog focused on bringing you the latest gossip and news about rich and famous celebrities. And then making fun of them. Why? Because fuck them, that's why.—What Would Tyler Durden Do?
The author, only known in certain circles as "Brendon", has since been terminated from his post as writer. Since then there are at least 3 new contributors:
Jack, Travis, and Lex, although no one knows who they really are.
- What Would Tyler Durden Do?. Retrieved May 06, 2013
- "Wwtdd.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Shebar, Alex (April 13, 2006). "Internet Corner: What Would Tyler Durden Do". The Daily Orange.
- Park, Linda (September 1, 2007). "Links and Unforced Error". Louisville Courier-Journal. "And finally (for today), there's What Would Tyler Durden Do? I never saw Fight Club so I don't know if the author is aping Brad Pitt/Ed Norton's alter ego or not. I can only say that i find it laugh out loud funny and that probably says something very unpleasant about me. It's celeb gossip with a twist and way better than Perez Hilton. It might be non-work safe on occasion and there's no shortage of swear words so consider yourself warned."
- Sachoff, Mike (March 2, 2007). "Survey Says: Facebook Over MySpace". WebProNews.
- Mashable, The 30 Most Salacious Sites For Celebrity Gossip
- "What Would Tyler Durden Do?". Retrieved September 28, 2008.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|