Whatever You Need
|"Whatever You Need"|
|Single by Tina Turner|
|from the album Twenty Four Seven|
|Released||February 5, 2000|
|Length||4:44 (album version)
4:20 (radio edit)
|Writer(s)||Harriet Roberts, Russell Courtenay|
|Tina Turner singles chronology|
"Whatever You Need" is a song by American recording artist Tina Turner. It was written by Russ Courtenay and Harriet Roberts and released as the second single from Turner's 1999 Twenty Four Seven album in 2000.
Although less successful commercially than her previous release "When the Heartache Is Over," the song managed to reach number eleven in Finland and number 27 on the UK Singles Chart. The cd singles released included live recordings of some of Turner's biggest hits from her 60th birthday celebration in London in November 1999 such as "The Best", "River Deep - Mountain High", "What's Love Got to Do with It" and "Steamy Windows", later released on the DVD Celebrate! - 60th Birthday Special.
The accompanying music video, directed by Jake Nava, features Turner walking through a tunnel in a leather jacket and jeans and then she sits on some steps singing and some teenagers stop what they are doing and sit with her, singing along.
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||11|
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||82|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||72|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||27|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||79|
|United Kingdom||February 5, 2000|
|United States||April 14, 2000|
- "Turner Tina: Whatever You Need" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "Chartverfulgong > Turner Tina > Whatever You Need – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Turner Tina search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "Tina Turner: Artist Chart History" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "Tina Turner Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Tina Turner. Retrieved 2011-05-20.