When Women Rule the World
|This article is outdated. (August 2008)|
|When Women Rule the World|
|Country of origin||United States|
|First shown in||Finland|
When Women Rule the World is an announced reality television series originally announced to premiere on Fox Broadcasting in spring 2007, then pushed to June 2, 2008, then delayed again in April 2008. However, the show never aired in the United States.
The show consisted of 12 women and 12 men sent to a "primitive location" where the men were forced to be subservient to the women. The women voted off one man per week. The final man left was awarded $250,000. Cast members include Carla Turco, Jacky Reres, Karen Mangeney, Mike Babassi, Robbie Kaller. The show was hosted by Judi Shekoni.
The United Kingdom's Channel 4 negotiated with Fox for a license to make a British version of the show, which aired for eight weeks starting on 4 September 2008. The UK version was filmed in the Dominican Republic and hosted by Steve Jones.
The show consisted of eight women and ten men. Oliver Banks won the competition, beating G-Range in the final. His prize was £30,000.
- Variety, Jan. 16, 2007: "Women rule new Fox show: Rocket Science producing reality project", by Josef Adalian
- Zap2It.com: "'Women' Trouble: Fox Shakes Up Summer Schedule Again", April 8, 2008
- The Futon Critic
- Finnish homepage for the show
- Adam Benzine, "Channel 4's Women Rule The World" C21Media.net, 19 March 2008. Accessed 28 March 2008. "The UK format licence was negotiated by Gill Hay, C4 deputy head of acquisitions, and Steve Cornish at 20th Century Fox Television Distribution. The UK version of the series was commissioned by Andy Auerbach, C4 entertainment commissioning editor, and produced by September Films."
- "Fox's When Women Rule the World will have 'macho, chauvinistic guys' obeying women" by Andy Dehnart, Jan. 17, 2007