When the Bough Breaks (novel)
|When the Bough Breaks|
1st edition cover
|Series||Alex Delaware novels|
|1985 (1st edition)|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Pages||432 pp (Hardcover 1st edition)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-345-46660-8 (Hardcover 1st edition)|
|Followed by||Blood Test|
Dr. Morton Hander practiced a strange brand of psychiatry. Among his specialties were fraud, extortion and sexual manipulation. Hander paid for his sins when he was brutally murdered in his luxurious Pacific Palisades apartment. The police have no leads, but they do have one possible witness: seven-year-old Melody Quinn.
It's psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware's job to try to unlock the terrible secret buried in Melody's memory. But as the sinister shadows in the girl's mind begin to take shape, Alex discovers that the mystery touches a shocking incident in his own past. And behind it lies an unspeakable evil that Alex Delaware must expose before it claims another innocent victim.
- Alex Delaware - Psychologist
- Milo Sturgis - Police detective
- Dr. Morton Hander - Psychiatrist and murder victim
- Melody Quinn - Delaware's patient and murder witness
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Anthony Awards and History". Bouchercon.info. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "The Edgar Awards: A Literary Mystery Award". Awards.omnimystery.com. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
|This article about a crime novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|