Where Is the Friend's Home?
|Where Is the Friend's Home?|
|Directed by||Abbas Kiarostami|
|Produced by||Ali Reza Zarrin|
|Written by||Abbas Kiarostami|
|Starring||Babek Ahmed Poor
Ahmed Ahmed Poor
|Edited by||Abbas Kiarostami|
|Running time||83 min.|
Where Is the Friend's Home? (Persian: خانه دوست کجاست, Khane-ye doust kodjast) is a 1987 Iranian film directed and written by Iranian director Abbas Kiarostami. The title of the film was derived from a poem by Sohrab Sepehri. It is considered the first film in Kiarostami's Koker trilogy.
The film tells a deceptively simple account of a conscientious schoolboy's quest to return his friend's notebook in a neighboring village, since, should his friend fail to hand it in the next day, it is likely he will get expelled. Hence this film has been seen as a metaphor for the sense of civil duty, about loyalty and everyday heroics. The traditional beliefs of Iranian rural people are also shown in many parts of the movie.
The film is among the top ten in the BFI list of the 50 films you should see by the age of 14.
As he prepares to do his homework, Ahmed realizes that he accidentally brought home a notebook belonging to one of his classmates. Knowing that his friend may be expelled if he does not have the notebook in order to complete his homework, Ahmed goes looking for his classmate.
- Babek Ahmed Poor as Ahmed
- Ahmed Ahmed Poor as Mohamed Reda Nematzadeh
- Kheda Barech Defai as the Teacher
- Iran Outari as Mother
- Ait Ansari as Father
- Sadika Taohidi as the Persian Neighbor
- Biman Mouafi as Ali, a neighbor
- Ali Djamali as Grandfather's Friend
- Aziz Babai as the Waiter
- Nader Ghoulami as the Property Owner
- Akbar Mouradi as the Old Man from Azerbaijan
- Teba Slimani as the Husband
- Mohammad Reza Parvaneh as the Man Mistaken for Ali
- Farahanka Brothers as the Young Boy
- Maria Chdjari as the Girl who Stutters
- Hamdallah Askar Poor as the Old Man
- Kadiret Kaoiyen Poor as the Religious Old Man
- Hager Faraz Poor as the Apple Seller
- Mohamed Hocine Rouhias the Carpenter
- Rafia Difai as Grandfather
- Agakhan Karadach Khani as the Street Vendor
- Mike Lorefice (2006). "Where Is the Friend's Home, Iran - 1987". metalasylum.com. Retrieved 2007-02-27.
- Where Is the Friend's Home? at the Internet Movie Database
- Where Is the Friend's Home? at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article related to an Iranian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1980s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|