|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
|Number of locations||262 restaurants in 32 states|
|Key people||Jeff Sinelli
|Owner(s)||Privately held company|
Which Wich? Superior Sandwiches is an American fast casual restaurant chain specializing in sandwiches and salads. It has its headquarters in Downtown Dallas, Texas. It currently has 177 locations open and 73 more in development in 30 states across US.
Founded by restaurateur Jeff Sinelli, CEO of Genghis Grill, in 2003, Which Wich began with one location in downtown Dallas. It began franchising in 2005. He was frustrated by the lack of great sandwiches available in quick service restaurants and bored by burned-out sandwich brands.
Which Wich is known for its innovative ordering system, in which customers use red Sharpies to mark up pre-printed menus on sandwich bags. They select a sandwich from 10 categories, then choose the bread, cheese, spreads, and toppings. The sandwiches are then prepared, and delivered in the personalized sandwich bags. Guests are encouraged to draw on their bags using red Sharpies and hang their “artwork” on the community wall.
Which Wich? sells customizable submarine sandwiches it calls "Wiches". There are ten categories and several dozen topping options. Sandwiches come in Small(7 inch), Medium(10.5 inch) and Large(14 inch) sizes.
- Turkey: Including sliced turkey.
- Ham&Pork: Including ham, bacon and pork tenderloin.
- Beef: Including roast beef and corned beef.
- Chicken: Including sliced chicken and chicken salad.
- Seafood: Including tuna and imitation crab.
- Vegetarian: Including hummus, avocado, artichoke hearts and a black bean patty.
- Italian: Including meatballs, pepperoni, muffaletta and salami.
- Breakfast: Including scrambled eggs.
- Classics: Including gyro, egg salad, monte cristo and Elviswich
- R&D: A special, featured sandwiches using different breads and ingredients. Past options have included a gyro on pita and corned beef rueben on rye.
- The Wicked: The "signature" sandwich. Roast beef, turkey, ham, pepperoni and bacon with any three cheese of the customers choice.
Additionally, there are some special items.
- Lettucewich: An option for any sandwich, using lettuce leaves instead of bread.
- Bowlwich: The Which Wich version of a salad, any meat or toppings served in a bowl over lettuce or spinach.
In 2009 the chain ranked as the sixth fastest-growing concept in the industry, according to restaurantchains.net. Chain Store Guide gave it their top ranking as the fastest-growing small restaurant chain.
- Hot Concepts! Award - 2007
It is given by Nation’s Restaurant News, the premier trade publication for the restaurant industry. The Hot Concept Award is given each year by the editors of Nation’s Restaurant News to six emerging restaurant brands that have distinguished themselves as Hot Concepts: “fast-growing, financially proven overachievers that are on their way to becoming tomorrow's giants”.
- No.1 fastest growing chain in U.S. and Canada by Chain Store Guide - 2010
Jeff Sinelli previously won the Hot Concept award in 2002 for another restaurant chain he founded, Genghis Grill, only a handful of people to win the award twice. He also founded Burguesa Burger.