Whiskey Dick Mountain
|Whiskey Dick Mountain|
Wind turbines on Whiskey Dick Mountain
|Elevation||3,873 ft (1,180 m) NGVD 29|
|Prominence||423 ft (129 m)|
|Kittitas County, Washington, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Whiskey Dick Mountain|
Whiskey Dick Mountain is located 15 miles (24 km) east of Ellensburg, in Washington state. It is in the, 28,549-acre (11,553 ha), Whiskey Dick Unit of the L.T. Murray Wildlife Area. It is the highest point on Windy Ridge and the site of the Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility. The farm, with 149 wind turbines, is owned by Puget Sound Energy.
Access to land owned or leased by the power company is open to the public for recreational use by permit only. The area, characterized by sagebrush steppe and rocky outcroppings, provides opportunities for hiking and hunting.
- "Whiskey Dick Mountain, Washington". Peakbagger.com.
- "Whiskey Dick Mountain". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- "Whiskey Dick Unit". Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- "Wild Horse Wind and Solar Facility". Puget Sound Energy.
- "Wild Horse Access by written permission program". Puget Sound Energy.
- Sykes, Karen (April 21, 2005). Hike Of The Week: Whiskey Dick's desert ramble can be a blast. Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
|This Kittitas County, Washington state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|