Whitby GO Station
|Location||1350 Brock Street South
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Station code||GO Transit: WHGO|
|Opened||December 4, 1988|
Whitby GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. It is a stop on the Lakeshore East line and was the eastern terminus of the dedicated GO Transit right-of-way until those tracks were extended to Oshawa in 1995. There are connections by GO Bus northward to Port Perry and Beaverton, and local Durham Region Transit routes within Whitby.
The station is located west of Brock Street on the south side of Highway 401. The main station building and bus terminal are on the north side of the railway with the island train platform between the two GO Train tracks connected by tunnels. Facilities inside the station building include the ticket agent, waiting room and public washroom. The bus loop is located north-east of the building and the passenger pick-up/drop-off area is directly in front.
There are about three thousand parking spaces available and carpool parking is permitted. The majority of the parking, including a multi-storey parking structure, is on the south side across the CN freight tracks and can be reached by a pedestrian bridge.
The Whitby Junction Station was built by the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903, at the foot of Byron Street near to where the current GO Station is located. It closed in 1969 and in 1971 the building was moved; first to the north-east corner of Victoria Street and Henry Street for use as an art gallery, and then in 2005 relocated across the street into Whitby Iroquois Park at the north-west corner of the intersection.
- GO Bus
- 81 - Port Perry GO Bus (Mon-Fri excluding Holidays)
- 96 - Oshawa Hwy 401 GO Bus (Mon-Fri excluding Holidays)
- Durham Region Transit
- 301 - West Lynde/Otter Creek (Mon-Fri)
- 302 - Brock/Brooklin (Every day)
- 302B - Brock/Robert Attersley (Mon-Fri)
- 303 - Garden (Mon-Fri)
- 304 - Anderson (Every day)
- 305 - Thickson/Garrard via Durham College (Mon-Fri)
- 305B -Thickson/Garrard (Every day)
- 308 - Whitby Shores (Mon-Fri)
- 318 - Otter Creek/Garden/Whitby Shores (Every day)
- 922 - Bloor/ Victoria (Mon-Fri)
- "Whitby GO Station— TRAIN & BUS STATION". GO Transit. Retrieved March 2014.
- "Whitby GO station opens new four-storey parking lot". durhamregion.com. Feb 24, 2010. Retrieved March 2014.
Additional 1,400 spaces to provide enhanced services to users
- "Whitby GO Station Bridge". Dineen Construction Corporation. 2011. Retrieved March 2014.
Pedestrian bridge at Whitby GO Station - Value $5,500,000. DINEEN constructed this new pedestrian bridge to provide an additional access point from the centre platform to the South GO parking lot.
- "Station Gallery History". Retrieved March 2014.
- Brown, Ron (2011). In Search of the Grand Trunk: Ghost Rail Lines in Ontario. Toronto: Dundurn Press. ISBN 1554888824. Retrieved March 2014.
- GO Transit station page for Whitby GO Station
- Media related to Whitby GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Whitby Junction Station at Wikimedia Commons