|Studio album by Kajagoogoo|
|Length||34:53 (original 1983 release)
73:12 (2004 CD reissue)
White Feathers is the debut album by British new wave band Kajagoogoo, released in spring 1983. It was produced by Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran and Colin Thurston, who was Duran Duran's producer at the time, except for track #5, the self-titled "Kajagoogoo", an instrumental (with some lyrics sung only in live performances), which was produced by Tim Palmer and the band. This self-titled song was featured in the John Hughes movie Sixteen Candles as the film's opening title song in 1984. Mostly composed by bass player / background vocalist Nick Beggs and lead singer Limahl, the group's debut long-playing work contains the band's most successful single "Too Shy", a UK Number One hit in January 1983, as well as two other UK Top Twenty hits ("Ooh to Be Ah" and "Hang on Now").
White Feathers was reissued in the US on CD by One Way Records in 1993 (S21-17608) with a slightly different track order. After the band was featured on the VH1 program Bands Reunited in 2003, renewed interest in Kajagoogoo prompted original music label EMI to re-issue their original debut album in 2004. Originally containing ten tracks, the 2004 UK CD version of the album was completely remastered and contained eight bonus tracks, including four B-sides then previously unreleased and not included on the album, plus four remixes, two of which are of "Too Shy" (both an extended and the instrumental versions).
Music by Kajagoogoo. Lyrics credited below. Track listing as on EMI EMC 3433 album, but from previous edits there may be other listings, i.e. 1 & 2 exchanged and Ergonomics moved.
- "White Feathers" (Nick Beggs) – 3:28
- "Too Shy" (Beggs, Limahl) – 3:44
- "Lies and Promises" (Beggs, Limahl) – 2:51
- "Magician Man" (Limahl) – 3:42
- "Kajagoogoo" (Instrumental) (–) – 3:10
- "Ooh to Be Ah" (Limahl) – 3:14
- "Ergonomics" (Beggs, Limahl) – 3:12
- "Hang on Now" (Beggs, Limahl) – 3:26
- "This Car Is Fast" (Limahl) – 3:32
- "Frayo" (Limahl) – 4:15
CD Bonus Tracks (reissue)
- "Too Shy" (Instrumental Mix) (Beggs, Limahl) – 4:01
- "Take Another View" (Kajagoogoo) – 4:33
- "Interview Rooms" (Beggs) – 3:24
- "Animal Instincts" (Beggs) – 2:39
- "Introduction" (Beggs, Limahl) – 5:09
- "Too Shy" (Midnight Mix) (Beggs, Limahl) – 5:27
- "Ooh to Be Ah" (The Construction Mix) (Limahl) – 6:37
- "Hang on Now" (Extended Version) (Beggs, Limahl) – 6:19
- The 'Midnight Mix' of "Too Shy" has also been titled as the 12" Extended Version (as on the 1996 EMI Gold compilation CD The Very Best of Kajagoogoo). Another version, known as the 'American Midnight Mix', was also released and is available on the 1993 Too Shy: The Singles and More and the 2000 Maximum 80's compilations.
- Limahl - vocals
- Steve Askew - guitar
- Stuart Croxford Neale - synthesizer, vocals
- Nick Beggs - bass guitar, chapman stick, vocals
- Jez Strode - drums