White Hall, Arkansas
|White Hall, Arkansas|
|Nickname(s): Little Town|
|Motto: "One of the fastest growing cities in Arkansas"|
|• Mayor||Noel Foster|
|• City||6.8 sq mi (17.7 km2)|
|• Land||6.8 sq mi (17.7 km2)|
|• Density||812.6/sq mi (312.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Website||City of White Hall, Arkansas|
White Hall is a city in Jefferson County, Arkansas, United States, with a population of 5,526 in the 2010 U.S. census. It is included in the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and the larger Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area. White Hall adjoins the Pine Bluff Arsenal.
White Hall has the second highest median household income in Arkansas (after Maumelle).
White Hall was incorporated in 1964, and was named for a Methodist church building.
White Hall is located at (34.271981, -92.097910).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.8 square miles (18 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,732 people, 1,780 households, and 1,418 families residing in the city. The population density was 692.1 people per square mile (267.1/km²). There were 1,925 housing units at an average density of 281.6 per square mile (108.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 92.54% White, 4.65% Black or African American, 0.49% Native American, 1.31% Asian, 0.34% from other races, and 0.68% from two or more races. 1.04% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,780 households out of which 39.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.5% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.3% were non-families. 18.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.5% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 29.5% from 25 to 44, 26.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 93.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.7 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $52,045, and the median income for a family was $56,997. Males had a median income of $38,286 versus $26,827 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,524. About 5.5% of families and 6.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.4% of those under age 18 and 8.9% of those age 65 or over.
- "City of White Hall, Arkansas". City of White Hall, Arkansas. Retrieved September 6, 2012.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010". Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Profile for White Hall, Arkansas, AR". ePodunk. Retrieved September 6, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to White Hall, Arkansas.|
- Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Library System
- City of White Hall, Arkansas Portal style website, Government, Business, Library, Recreation and more
- White Hall Chamber of Commerce
- Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture entry: White Hall (Jefferson County)
- City-Data.com Comprehensive Statistical Data and more about White Hall