White Iraqiya Bloc
|National White Bloc|
|الكتلة الوطنیة البیضاء|
|Leader||Jamal Abed Almahdi Ali Albattikh|
|Parliamentary Head||Qutaibah Al Jabouri|
|Founded||March 8, 2011|
|Split from||Iraqi National Movement|
|Seats in the Council of Representatives:|||
|Politics of Iraq
The White Bloc emerged from the political infighting of the Iraqi National Movement, with the group's 8 MPs leaving in early March 2011 in order to set up the White Bloc. The major disagreement between the White Bloc and the Iraqi National Movement were over the perceived growing sectarian nature of the Iraqi National Movement and also over disagreements with Ayad Allawi's leadership.
At its second 2nd Constitutional Conference the party voted to change its name from the White Iraqiya Bloc to the White Bloc.
- cite news|url=http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/white-bloc-calls-to-host-nasm-next-summit-in-baghdad%7Ctitle=White bloc calls to host NASM next Summit in Baghdad|work=IraqiNews.com|date=August 28, 2012
- White Iraqiya Bloc changes its name into “The White Bloc” - Iraqi News.com
- "Eight MPs withdraw from Iraqiya, form new party". Al Sumaria. March 8, 2011.
- "MPs defect from Ayad Allawi's Iraqiya List". Al Sumaria. March 18, 2011.
- "New political trend to be formed, says MP". IraqiNews.com. August 11, 2012.
- As the Deadline for Forming Coalitions Expires, Maliki Creates Monster Sectarian Alliance for Iraq’s Local Elections in April 2013 - Gulf Analysis