White Oak, Pennsylvania
|Motto: Come Grow With Us|
Location within Allegheny County
|• Total||6.7 sq mi (17 km2)|
|• Land||6.7 sq mi (17 km2)|
|• Density||1,200/sq mi (450/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1196442|
The borough's motto is "Come Grow With Us."
White Oak is located at (40.344869, -79.813202).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 6.7 square miles (17 km2), of which 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.45%) is water.
The borough maintains its own police department consisting of twelve full-time officers and eight patrol cars. Two volunteer fire departments serve different parts of the borough: White Oak No.1 VFC and Rainbow VFC. White Oak EMS (Station #645) provides basic and advanced life support services and includes a level-one wilderness search and rescue team.
As of the census of 2000, there were 8,437 people, 3,678 households, and 2,390 families residing in the borough. The population density was 1,265.4 people per square mile (488.4/km²). There were 3,821 housing units at an average density of 573.1 per square mile (221.2/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 97.20% White, 1.86% African American, 0.01% Native American, 0.36% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.12% from other races, and 0.44% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.40% of the population.
There were 3,678 households out of which 22.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.9% were married couples living together, 9.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.0% were non-families. 31.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 17.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.25 and the average family size was 2.84.
In the borough the population was spread out with 17.8% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 24.5% from 25 to 44, 26.1% from 45 to 64, and 23.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 89.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.1 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $38,046, and the median income for a family was $47,019. Males had a median income of $37,761 versus $27,378 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $20,775. About 4.0% of families and 5.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.1% of those under age 18 and 3.4% of those age 65 or over.
Marc J. Gergely, 35th District 
- Mayor - Ina Jean Marton 
- President - Carrie Verbanick-Noll 
- Vice President - Edward Babyak 
- President (Pro Tem) - Ronald Massung 
- Council - Dave Pasternak 
- Council - Chuck Davis 
- Council - Joe Nagy 
- Council - Ken Robb 
- Borough Secretary - Nancy Greenland 
- Finance Secretary - Michelle Gessner 
- Code Enforcement/Building Inspector - Jennifer O'Brien
- White Oak Police Chief - Lou Bender 
- District Magistrate - Tom Miller 
- Borough Emergency Management Coordinator - J. Mark Jones 
- Mon Yough Catholic School
- White Oak Elementary 
- Francis McClure Middle School 
- Founders Hall Jr. High 
- Mckeesport High School 
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), White Oak borough, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved September 26, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Rep. Gergely's Home Page".
- "White Oak Borough Contacts". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "White Oak, Pennsylvania". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "White Oak Borough Schools and Education".