White Oak, Pennsylvania
|Motto: Come Grow With Us|
Location within Allegheny County
|• Total||6.7 sq mi (17 km2)|
|• Land||6.7 sq mi (17 km2)|
|• Density||1,200/sq mi (450/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1196442|
The borough's motto is "Come Grow With Us."
White Oak is located at (40.344869, -79.813202).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 6.7 square miles (17 km2), of which 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2), or 0.45%, is water. ..
Public Safety & Emergency Services
The White Oak Police Department is dedicated to keeping White Oak Borough a safe community for its residents. The Police Department is based out of the Borough Building at 2280 Lincoln Way, and operates 8 fully equipped patrol cars, a Detective, 10 full-time Officers, 2 part-time Officers, and is supported by a secretary.
There are two Volunteer Fire Departments that serve White Oak Borough and provide mutual aid coverage to neighboring communities:
- White Oak No. 1 Volunteer Fire Company - Station 299, based at 1130 California Avenue.
- Rainbow Volunteer Fire Company - Station 300, based at 2916 Jacks Run Road.
White Oak is served by White Oak EMS - Station 645, based at 2800 State Street. White Oak EMS provides Advanced Life Support & Basic Life Support services; and is also home to WOSAR, a certified level 1 Wilderness Search & Rescue team recognized by The Pennsylvania Search & Rescue Council.
The 2010 White Oak, PA, population is 7,862. There are 1,187 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, it has had a population growth of -8.53 percent.
93.70% of people are white, 3.56% are black, 0.90% are Asian, 0.11% are native American, and 1.72% claim 'Other'. 4.32% of the people in White Oak, PA, claim Hispanic ethnicity (meaning 95.68% are non-Hispanic).
The median age is 49.9 years. The US median is 37.3 years. 50.29% of people in White Oak, PA, are married. 9.12% are divorced. The average household size is 2.12 people. 20.61% of people are married, with children. 7.49% have children, but are single.
The median home cost in White Oak is $84,500. Home appreciation over the last year has been +1.96 percent. The median age of White Oak, PA, real estate is 54 years. Renters make up 24.13% of the White Oak, PA, population. 7.12% of houses and apartments in White Oak, PA, are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Compared to the rest of the country, White Oak's cost of living is -10.10% Lower than the U.S. average.
The unemployment rate in White Oak is 6.40 percent(U.S. avg. is 8.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. White Oak jobs have Increased by +1.13 percent.
The sales tax rate is 7.00%. Income tax is 4.07%.
The income per capita is $25,445, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $44,660.
The average Commute time is 29 minutes. The National Average is 28 minutes.
White Oak public schools spend $6,772 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $5,691. There are about 14.7 students per teacher in White Oak.
60.57% of the people in White Oak, PA are religious, meaning they affiliate with a religion. 38.44% are Catholic; 0.40% are LDS; 3.97% are another Christian faith; 1.37% in White Oak, PA are Jewish; 0.83% are an eastern faith; 0.48% affilitates with Islam.
57.05% of the people in White Oak, PA are registered as Democrats. 41.64% are registered Republican. Remaining are independent: 1.31%.
Marc J. Gergely, 35th District 
- Mayor - Ina Jean Marton 
- President - Carrie Verbanick-Noll 
- Vice President - Edward Babyak 
- President Pro Tem - Ronald Massung 
- Council - Dave Pasternak 
- Council - Chuck Davis 
- Council - Joe Nagy 
- Council - Ken Robb 
- Borough Secretary - Nancy Greenland 
- Finance - Michelle Gessner 
- Code Enforcement/Building Inspector - Jennifer O'Brien
- White Oak Police Chief - Lou Bender 
- White Oak Police Department Secretary - Vicki McNamee 
- District Magistrate - Tom Miller 
- PA State Constable -
- White Oak No. 1 Volunteer Fire Company ~ Fire Chief - Steve Staniech 
- Rainbow Volunteer Fire Company ~ Fire Chief - Sean Leffard 
- Borough Emergency Management Coordinator - J. Mark Jones 
- Mon Yough Catholic School
- White Oak Elementary 
- Francis McClure Middle School 
- Founders Hall Jr. High 
- Mckeesport High School 
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), White Oak borough, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved September 26, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Rep. Gergely's Home Page".
- "White Oak Borough Contacts". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "White Oak, Pennsylvania". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "White Oak Borough Schools and Education".