White Pine Range Wilderness
|White Pine Range Wilderness|
|Location||White Pine County, Nevada USA|
|Nearest city||Sunnyside, Nevada|
|Area||40,013 acres (16,193 ha)|
|Governing body||U.S. Forest Service|
Bordered by Currant Mountain Wilderness on the south, the White Pine Range Wilderness was created by the White Pine County Conservation, Recreation and Development Act of 2006. The nearest city is Ely, Nevada.
The White Pine Range Wilderness is characterized by rocky canyons and forested alpine hills covered with Abies concolor - white fir, Pinus monophylla - Single-leaf Pinyon, Pinus flexilis - Limber pine, and Pinus longaeva - Great Basin Bristlecone Pines.
- Category:Flora of the Great Basin desert region
- Category:Trees of the Great Basin desert region
- List of wilderness areas in Nevada
- List of U.S. Wilderness Areas
- Wilderness Act
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness - White Pine Range Wilderness
- "Scientists Voice Their Overwhelming Support for Wilderness Designations in White Pine County, Nevada" by the Wilderness Society
|This article related to a protected area in Nevada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|