White River High School (Washington)
|White River High School|
|Location||Buckley, Washington, USA|
|District||White River School District|
|Colors||Maroon & Gold|
White River High School is located on an 84-acre (34 ha) site just outside of Buckley, Washington, USA. Before 1949, it was known as "Buckley High School" but with a merger with "Enumclaw High School" in neighboring Enumclaw, the school became known as White River. In 1952, the voters (especially the Chamber of Commerce) of the City of Enumclaw voted to form their own district.
In September 2003, White River moved into a new 240,000-square-foot (22,000 m2) facility. The facility was designed by INTEGRUS Architecture and landscape architects Cascade Design Collaborative, Inc. The design focuses on separating the school into five career path sections—arts and communications, health and human services, business and marketing, science and natural resources, and engineering and technology—for upper classmen and three core class sections for underclassmen. The lunch area is at the center of the school, surrounded by the offices, library, credit union (now defunct) and counseling. center. 
- 2011 Mike Hagadone Washington's Principal of the Year
- 2005 James D. MacConnell Award, recognizing excellence in planning educational facilities that promote student achievement and help serve the needs of the students and faculty, as well as the community. The award is given by the Council of Educational Facilities Planners International (CEFPI).
- 2005 Civil Design Merit Award from the Washington State AIA, which recognized public projects with great civic design.
- 2004 Award of Merit by the Washington chapter of CEFPI.
Clubs at the school are: 
- Choir (Mixed, Chamber, and Show)
- Diversity Club
- Drama Club
- Key Club
- Knowledge Bowl
- National Honor Society
- Native American Club
In 2006, White River joined the newly formed 3A South Puget Sound League. Recent team successes in the State Championship include:
- Wrestling: 1st in 1995 (2A), 2nd in '01/'02/'03(3A), 4th in 2004(3A), 5th 1994(2A) & 2005(3A).
- Men's Basketball 2nd in 1995 (2A)
- Football: 5th in 1998, 2000 & 2004 (3A)
- Girl's Basketball: 3rd in 2000 and 7th in '01 and '05.
- Volleyball: 8th in 2000, 3rd in '03, 2nd in '04, and 8th in '10(2A).
- Girl's Soccer: 2nd in 2010(2A).
- Basketball [Boys]
- Basketball [Girls]
- Cross Country
- Soccer [Boys]
- Soccer [Girls]
- Special Olympics
- Tennis [Boys]
- Tennis [Girls]
- Wrestling [Boys]
- Wrestling [Girls]
White River's historical athletic rival are the Enumclaw Hornets, from the neighboring town of Enumclaw. The rivalry is unique in the league as both schools are "Hornets" and both school colors are Maroon and Gold, stemming from the time the two districts were one.