From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Whitefish (disambiguation))
Whitefish or white fish may refer to:
In fishing terminology:
- Whitefish (fisheries term), a fisheries term referring to the flesh of many types of fish
In fish species:
- Freshwater whitefish, members of the subfamily Coregoninae in the family Salmonidae, including:
- Common whitefish, Coregonus lavaretus in the genus Coregonus
- Lake whitefish, Coregonus clupeaformis in the genus Coregonus
- Atlantic whitefish, Coregonus huntsmani in the genus Coregonus
- Round whitefish, Prosopium cylindraceum in the genus Prosopium
- Mountain whitefish, Prosopium williamsoni in the genus Prosopium
- Inconnu, Stenodus leucichthys in the genus Stenodus
- Ocean whitefish (Caulolatilus princeps) a Pacific species found off Southern California
- the chimaerae species:
- Beluga sturgeon, Huso huso
- Caspian kutum, also called "White Fish" or "Caspian White Fish"
- White steenbras, (Lithognathus lithognathus), a sparid
- some Tilefish
- Beluga whale, Delphinapterus leucas
- Whitefish, Montana
- Whitefish Bay, a bay between the United States and Canada.
- Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
- Whitefish, Ontario
- Whitefish Lake First Nation, Ontario
- Whitefish Falls, Ontario
- Whitefish Range, Montana and British Columbia
- Whitefish Township, Michigan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.