Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
|Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin|
Location of Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
|• Total||2.13 sq mi (5.52 km2)|
|• Land||2.13 sq mi (5.52 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||14,137|
|• Density||6,624.4/sq mi (2,557.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1576675|
Whitefish Bay is located at (43.111711, -87.900762).
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,110 people, 5,355 households, and 3,944 families residing in the village. The population density was 6,624.4 inhabitants per square mile (2,557.7/km2). There were 5,553 housing units at an average density of 2,607.0 per square mile (1,006.6/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 91.9% White, 1.9% African American, 0.1% Native American, 3.7% Asian, 0.5% from other races, and 1.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.8% of the population.
There were 5,355 households of which 40.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.1% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 2.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 26.3% were non-families. 21.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.13.
The median age in the village was 39.6 years. 29.6% of residents were under the age of 18; 4.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.8% were from 25 to 44; 30.6% were from 45 to 64; and 10.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 48.1% male and 51.9% female.
The Whitefish Bay School District maintains four public schools and one recreational facility. These facilities include:
- Whitefish Bay High School – a high school serving children in grades 9-12.
- Whitefish Bay Middle School – a middle school/junior high school serving children in grades 6-8
- Cumberland Elementary School – an elementary school serving children age-4 kindergarten through grade 5
- Richards Elementary School – an elementary school serving children age-4 kindergarten through grade 5
- Lydell School – a community recreation facility
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee maintains two Catholic schools in Whitefish Bay: Holy Family School and St. Monica School, each serving kindergarten through grade 8. In addition, the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters administer Dominican High School.
Breadsmith is based in Whitefish Bay.
- Nick Bellore - NFL player
- Art Bues - MLB player
- Craig Counsell - MLB player
- Brad Courtney - Chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Colleen Dewhurst - actress
- Bernardine Dohrn - Political activist/Lawyer
- Jay Guidinger - NBA player
- Julius P. Heil - Governor of Wisconsin
- Jeffrey Hunter - Hollywood film actor
- Kristen Johnston - Actress
- Jack Larscheid - professional football player
- Niels Mueller - Director/Writer (film)
- Barbara Notestein - Wisconsin State Assemblywoman
- Caitlin O'Heaney - actress
- Samuel Page - actor
- Mike Schneck - NFL player
- Donald K. Stitt - Chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Mike Tate - Chairman of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin
- Paul Michael Valley - actor
- Dan Vebber - Writer/Producer (TV)
- Chip Zien - actor
- Ed Hochuli NFL Referee
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Village of Whitefish Bay official website
- School District of Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation