|Motto||Facta non verba
(Deeds not words)
|Established||1950s and rebuilt 2000|
|Headteacher||Mrs. L. Allen|
|Local authority||Coventry City Council|
|DfE URN||136840 Tables|
Whitley Academy (formerly Whitley Abbey Community School) is an academy school in Whitley, Coventry, England. The school was rebuilt and opened on 13 October 2000, replacing the former Whitley Abbey Comprehensive School built in the 1950s, which was one of the first comprehensive schools in Coventry.
In July 2007, Whitley Abbey Community School gained specialist status in Business and Enterprise and was renamed Whitley Abbey Business and Enterprise College.
On 1 July 2011 Whitley Abbey Business and Enterprise College became an Academy and was renamed to 'Whitley Academy'.
- Steven Armes FRS, Professor of Chemistry at the University of Sheffield
- Peter Boddington (b. 1942), British heavyweight amateur boxing champion in 1967
- Ian Taylor (b. 1945), politician
- Sir Paul Scott-Lee (b. 1953), Chief Constable of West Midlands Police
- Richard Keys (b. 1957), television sports presenter
- Pete Waterman (b. 1947), Record producer
- "Princess Anne visits Coventry's Whitley Academy". Coventry Telegraph. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "The Royal Visit". Whitley Academy. March 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "Ian Taylor: Electoral history and profile". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "Chief Constable Knighted". Police Oracle. 19 June 2007. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "Richard Keys resigns from Sky Sports after Sian Massey sexism row". Coventry Telegraph. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "Bugger Coventry: Pete Waterman's amazing high speed rail line outburst". Coventry Telegraph. 12 April 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
|This West Midlands school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|